Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

Part of my committment to get back into bike shape was to start logging my miles for each day this month. Wanted to work up, gradually, to my former monthly mileage, so went conservative and set my goal at 400 miles for the month. Pleased to say, though, that I broke the 500 mile level for the month, today, and still have a couple days to go for the month. Still not quite ready for a century, but have a long summer ahead and it is getting easier to go the miles, every day. Also using my daily rides to test out equipment and try new things, even at my age (66 in a week). Feels like going home every time I get on the bike. It has been a great month for me.
    Last edited by north woods gal; 05-30-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Today, to avoid heavy recreational traffic near our current campground, we rode unpaved national forest roads, and the ride was gorgeous. Had to ride on pavement and deal with traffic there and back, but once we hit the gravel, we were able to ride for miles without any houses, loose dogs, and only a very few Jeeps that passed us. Beautiful forests, plenty of shade, just luscious! I am not a technical mountain biker, most single track is way too difficult for me, but I absolutely love this sort of thing. It was rocky in places, but well-packed. Perfect for the fullie! 18 miles total, and every one of those earned. :-)

(Tried to post a photo, but am getting an exclamation mark after the upload, so something isn't working quite right on the site....)
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Oooooh, sounds like a nice ride! Did you take the Jamis?

I've found that there is a limit to the amount of space allowed for photos on TE, and as we reach that account limit things get weird with uploading images. It got much easier for me when I deleted a bunch - took some doing to figure out how to do that. Not saying that's your problem, but it could be related.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Oooooh, sounds like a nice ride! Did you take the Jamis?

I've found that there is a limit to the amount of space allowed for photos on TE, and as we reach that account limit things get weird with uploading images. It got much easier for me when I deleted a bunch - took some doing to figure out how to do that. Not saying that's your problem, but it could be related.
    Ah, it may be! I didn't think I'd uploaded all that many, but perhaps. I will try again here, and if it still doesn't work, I'll go into my usercp and see if I can figure out how to delete old ones.

And yes, I did indeed take the Jamis -- road were often very bumpy, and the full-suspension was a must. But unlike some of the loose gravel roads that are scary even on a MTB, these were nicely packed, just stony. Fun to ride on the Jamis!
    Emily

Okay, tried again, no joy, so I figured out how to delete a bunch of old attachments to posts. More than I realized! I deleted everything before 2016. So, let's try this again!

Attachment 18038

Yep! That was it! Thanks, Catrin.
    Emily

Look at you and Toto go!

Yeah, it took me far longer than I care to admit to figure that out myself When you've been on the forum for years as many of us have, the number of photos in our accounts build faster than we realize.

We too found a nice forest service road this weekend but it wasn't as long as we'd hoped so we backtracked and took the trail that went up the other side of the creek. As you can see from the photo we almost had a change of heart but the broken part of the bridge was resting on a large boulder so we crossed over. I was the sherpa and the DH carried the bikes up the steep incline at the broken side of the bridge. Some downed trees and areas of low hanging branches that required getting off and walking but it was pretty fun. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160529_111435_resized.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	18039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160529_121409_resized.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	18040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160529_125637_resized.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	18041
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Gorgeous country! Just being there would be a treat.

Gorgeous, Sky King! Glad you were able to figure out a way to get across. :-)

We did a 35-miler out and back to a nearby (relatively, since we are in the boonies) small town today. There we found an amazing health food/local produce store, where we picked up some lovely veggies, etc. Continuing on, we visited the small town square and a donut shop, where we bought donuts, muffins, and scones to bring home (and a couple to eat on the ride). Yep, we eat kale and donuts on the same day.

I went over 1000 miles on the year today -- yay!
    Emily

Very nic pics. Thanks for sharing part of your little world.

As for me, did some cycling here and there but not as much as I would have liked as weekends were either very busy, or rainy. So I'm still on the trainer...indoor. Just did 45 minutes of it. Hubby is gone with his bike club for his first ride of the season as he got the ok from surgeon to cycle as much and fast as he wants. yippee. But with him gone that means I stay home with the pups. They're by themselves all day (10hrs) so it is just fair that I stay with them so they can burn off their own energy in the yard.

I have a 115km ride in 2 weekends. Not sure I'm ready at all but will do what I can. With my tibial plateau fracture and other related injuries because of this, in January and having the ok to cycling only beginning of May, so much I can prepare for. It is what it is.

But at least I was able to get some 45km ride and I suffered no pain, and it was fairly easy. At this point in my life, I'm just happy to do something like walking normally. I don't ask for more.
    Last edited by Helene2013; 06-01-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

My goal to get back in bike shape started on May 1 and, at that time, I figured 400 miles for the month would be a good start. Finished, strong, with 90 miles, just these last two days to give me a total of 591 miles for the month. I feel great! On to June.

beautiful road emily and sky that looks like an adventure!!!!
    nwg...when you try to ride everyday and are into it...thinking more miles are just part of the feeling good about riding...congrats on the 191 more miles!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

You're right, of course. Just hate to stop riding on some days and, being retired, I have the time, so why not?