Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking for Salad Dressing Recipes or Ideas

To disable ads, please log-in.

We eat a lot of salads, homegrown spinach, kale, tomatoes, carrots, bellpeppers....

I'm looking to see if anyone has any home made salad dressings, oil/vinegar can get old.

Thanks!

Oil, different kinds of basalmic vinegars (endless, i.e. fig, chocolate, cherry). Or add some Dijon mustard to the mix.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I make my own mayo with my food processor - though not often. I use walnut oil and will add other things to it as the mood strikes. I especially like adding garlic and dijon mustard. It makes a nice dressing all by itself, while it isn't liquid a small amount serves nicely.

Hummus on salad is a great dressing too, either as is or thinned out a bit.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    My partner seems have a gift for creative salad dressings that he dreams up ..and it tastes deliciously healthy. You could take abit of plain yogurt and puree with fresh berry fruit, add some mustard, honey..and there's your salad dressing.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

There's that ginger-shoyu dressing they serve in Japanese restaurants - I don't have a recipe, I don't eat a lot of salads at home (it's rarely warm enough for me to want to eat anything straight out of the fridge, and as far as freshly harvested salad greens, they don't grow when it's warm enough for me to eat them!), but I'm sure there are recipes online.

Tahini makes a good dressing base too - if you don't use a lot, you can grind sesame seeds in a mini-blender, though it won't be as smooth as storebought tahini.

Lemon makes a nice "vinaigrette" base in place of vinegar. Shredded beets are especially good with a lemon dressing IMO. I'll do massaged kale with either lemon or red wine vinegar. You can use avocado flesh in place of oil for a "green goddess" type dressing.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 04-30-2016 at 12:55 PM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

try carrottes rapees. too simple. Dressing is lemon juice, bit of olive oil, salt and mustard? And oh bit of sugar too. garnish with chopped parsley. very yummy.

I also second the ginger shoyu dressing. or carrot-ginger-shoyu dressing.

guacamole mixed with salsa makes a very satisfying, creamy dressing. I like to buy single serve cups of guac at costco and use them for this purpose. It's also a great sub for mayo.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba