If walking and hiking is the main activity I can do outside of lower body kettlebell work then so be it, it gets me outside

I am up to about 5ish miles on dirt trails, and less than 2 miles on pavement. For whatever reason more than that on pavement upsets my hip bursitis. My knee is fine in those limits...but sometimes it does want to give out when I'm not in hiking boots and wielding two trekking poles. I suspect that's more due to the poles than the boots but I would never hike without both. I don't use poles for pavement of course.

Considering getting a cool cane for pavement walking for those occasional times, but part of me then says I don't want to look like an old woman before my time. A striking cane that fit me properly might get me over that mental hump. Then again, would it really help? Just pondering. I've torn cartlidge in a couple of places in that knee from the fall.

So I try to do trail hiking on the weekend and park 1.5 miles from work twice a week to get some weekday walking in. Keeps me from overdoing it with my kettlebells.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk