Hello!

I was looking for a new pair of shoes since my old size 38 Shimano R300 fell apart inside their box this winter.

I had my eyes set on a pair of Sidi Wires and I went to the only LBS that stocks them to try them on. They only had a pair of Genius 5 size 38 that I could try. They fitted me like a glove, but couldn't buy Wires in my size there, so I ordered a pair from Wiggle. Sadly, the Wires don't have the same fit. They feel amazing when dangling my feet from a chair or when pedaling relaxed on the trainer, but my toes touch the end when standing or when I really put the hammer down. Clearly, they are too small. I'd love to test them on a 20-30 mile ride, but I want to be able to still return them if they really don't fit.

The question is: do I replace them with size 38.5 or 39? The Sidi website says that the half sizes are 3 mm larger and the full sizes 5 mm larger. People on forums say that half sizes have the same sole length as the full size below, but the uppers have more volume.

Has anyone owned/tried these sizes? I know we all have slightly different feet and preferences, but any general idea would help.

Thanks!