Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: "Eco Bicycle"

"Eco Bicycle"

To disable ads, please log-in.

Talk about a convertible bike, and it doesn't appear to be electric. While this has a FB page and videos, I've not found a definitive website for this bike. "Eco Bike" turns up a variety of choices on Google, none of which look like this video. I don't have time to do an exhaustive search, but the concept looks interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/ecobicycle/...5463299811673/

Here's the website for the product: Taga - the original bike stroller. Looks interesting if you live in a relatively flat area. But not something I'd be eager to spend $1495 on.

Everyone I've ever seen with a baby has also a ton of baby stuff. Taga appears not to have allowed for that with this model. You either have a baby, or you have unsecured cargo space.

I like the transformer part. I'm just not sure this is workable for real life.

It's a great concept, but they also don't take into account what you'd do if you still had to hold your child while repositioning from bike to stroller. A few tweaks and it could be pretty cool.

Electra Townie 7D

Catrin....there are some Asian electric and e-assit bike/strollers.

Pax...you can just unlock and take the seat with baby off and then convert. I just looked at the website bikedutchess provided and you can also use a car seat and transfer the seat with child from bike or stroller to a car.

Taga is a Dutch company and has been selling the convertible bike/stroller in the E.U. for a number of years now. There’s good storage, even turning it into a smaller cargo bike, and other options that work in both bike and stroller mode. I see more stroller bikes when in the E.U. but some here on the bike paths too. With understanding the handling differences and weight penalty it could just be a choice for those who may want two types of baby carriers in one.

I’d buy a running stroller and get back into that…..but I do like the idea of the child being in front rather than in a trailer especially for the safe urban path rides here…..thinking seeing child eyes looking up at me is a nice image
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 04-11-2016 at 02:39 PM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

If there's decent storage even with baby on board, it could work. I was going by the video on the site, where mom was magically unencumbered, and never tried to do the changeover with the baby in the seat. I thought maybe there was a reason for that.

"Eco Bicycle"

if you are not racing, the Bicycle Network insurance actually gives you a higher medical value 7500 as opposed to 3000 but also gives you public liability coverage.

Taga is now coming out with a new version of its bike, through a Kickstarter project. Looks like it no longer converts into a stroller, but it will be a lot less expensive:
    Taga 2.0 - The Ultimate, Most Affordable Family Bike

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Taga looks quite cool.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.