Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: April rides

Hybrid View

April rides

I went out yesterday morning, with rain threatening. It was warm, though, about 64 and humid. Rode 15.8 miles, through familiar, beautiful roads in West Concord and Sudbury, and decided to come back by way of a more main road in Maynard, to my home, so I could get some flat riding and get my average up! My arm warmers were off after mile 8.
    Very glad I went out, wished I could have gone longer, but I had a lot of stuff to do, and I didn't want to go grocery shopping in the rain. Got back in a timely manner, and I only had winds and sprinkles while shopping.
    When I was leaving, both of my neighbors were out there, when I brought my bike out from the basement/backyard, into the parking area. One of them runs and also rides. She is probably 10 years older than me, but is in great shape, so maybe I can have another riding buddy.
    Winter returns tonight, with snow and cold temperatures for the next 3-4 days. Sigh.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I've chalked up two commuter rides: to work and back on Friday, plus a trip to the bakery for a total of 22. Today I rode across town for a workshop I was a co-facilitator for. I broke the rules and brought my bike inside the university building but then no one else was using the building except us. About 17 miles today. The weather, which has been unseasonably warm all through February and most of March was cooler than usual yesterday and close to normal today- but very pleasant temps in the low 70's on the way home.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

"Let's go for a breakfast ride tomorrow" I said. "Fine" he said, even though he woke up a little late. "How far do you want to go?" he asked. "Not 60 miles!", I said (thinking maybe 30.....). "Let's get in a little climbing first" he said.

So I let him decide and we went east and north although unbeknownst to me he was set on trying some special tacos at a restaurant on the far west side of Tucson. We got to "breakfast" at mile 43, around 1 pm, by way of the "loop" path that encircles Tucson. There we were at the trendy new courtyard shopping and restaurant plaza. "If they're still serving breakfast I want the breakfast burrito with avocado" I said. He stood in line to order while I waited like a vulture for a table in the shade to open up. "I got you the avocado torta" he said. "What? I wanted the burrito!". "I heard you say avocado" he said. It was interesting - a big toasted roll with beans, avocado, a fried egg, tomato slices and some chipotle dressing - but not what I really wanted. I ate part of it. Then 10 miles more home for a total of 53 miles.

Husbands- gotta love 'em.

I really hope to get out soon, the snowbirds are heading home and they finally finished the construction surrounding our place, now as soon as the pollen goes I'll be good to go.

Electra Townie 7D

That breakfast sounds really good, AZ.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin, the breakfast he was dreaming of was something a friend told him about: beer battered deep fried avocado tacos (we've been trying out being vegetarians). The torta was good but not what I planned on: eggs, potato, avocado burrito. I don't particularly like fried eggs with runny yolks.

We only recently discovered this place. I had another breakfast place in mind, but was happy to do the longer ride- most of it was flat on the multi-use path that nearly encircles Tucson.

Beautiful photos, thank you! Such a fabulous place to visit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Crankin, it sounds like you had a great ride, and I'm sure walking to the gym the next day helped your recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Love the photos, as always

Best of intentions were thrown aside yesterday, when I woke up with a pounding sinus headache. I ended up doing a short 14 mile ride in the afternoon, where the first 5 miles felt horrible and the rest were quite pleasant. We are having great weather.
    Had a lovely dinner with Oakleaf and her DH last night, so I gave myself permission to skip circuit training at 5:45 AM. I rode to work this morning, which was pleasant at 45 degrees. It should be about 70 when I ride home. It might be only 6 miles round trip, but it is definitely a mood enhancer.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura