Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking for Touring Companion(s), Jasper - Banff in May

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey all!

I know its not the height of forum-etiquette for one's first post to be a request, but I'm getting nervous about finding (a) companion(s) for a trip I'm really looking forward to...

I am signed up for an organized tour from Jasper to Banff May 27-30, which I can't reschedule because I'm squeezing it between work commitments in Edmonton and Calgary. The tour can't go unless at least 2 are signed up, and I'm going solo for this (my husband, my usual biking companion, is unavailable). It looks like an awesome tour -- through the beautiful Canadian Rockies. Total distance about 175 miles, longest day about 63 miles. Most of the terrain is rolling hills 1-3% grade with four steeper, more challenging ascents. I am not particularly fast, so if you're worried about keeping up, I'm your partner. The tour company even has an e-bike available (and a SAG wagon) if you're nervous about the hills. That said, if you *are* fast and don't mind riding up ahead on your own, I won't complain trailing behind, as I'm used to riding solo, and I promise I'll be good company at the end of the day.

I'm a mid-30's female college professor living in Indiana. I'm not too fussed about the age/gender of my touring companions, and would be happy to have a couple/group join up the tour, too (max is 9, including me). I'm not sure about the rules of the forum regarding posting links to outside vendors, but I will share a link to the tour via PM, and am happy to answer questions about myself, too. Please PM me if interested!

As a side note -- I didn't know this forum existed until yesterday. I usually read another forum (y'all can probably guess which), but am totally stoked to find this one. I'm sure I'll be hanging around here a lot from here on out.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    It should be a beautiful route Indiana jane. I'm in Calgary. Unfortunately I'm killing off vacation going back to Vancouver and later to Europe for 2.5 wks. this year.
    Feel free to ask any questions...if you want to meet for coffee downtown. My signature on this message is link to my blog. If you go to blog's top toolbar menu...Go to: Cycling In My City --Calgary

Has beautiful scenery every half km. or less it changes, the mountains, glacial turquoise lakes, rivers, etc. Ease your mind by riding the 20+ km. bike path between Banff and Canmore. It's worth it. Canmore has places to eat, shop in its core.
    Yes, that's me in some photos. https://thirdwavecyclingblog.wordpre...-legacy-trail/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facingmtnbanff2012.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	17999
    Last edited by shootingstar; 04-01-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Thanks so much for your response and tips. It looks like gorgeous country. If you know anyone who might be interested joining the tour, I'd love to hear from them.

I'm not sure yet my schedule in Calgary -- I'm there for a conference, but if I can squeeze in a coffee, that'd be awesome.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Your priority is conference. I'll pm you soon.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.