I hope it's okay to post about this here - I know there’s the occasional family tour from the major providers, but ours is the only one I know that allows for an affordable and accessible weekend introduction to family bike touring! (because who wants to shell out for a weeklong tour plus a plane flight only to find out it’s a bust for your family?) Of course I’m selfishly excited to give it a try with my 4-year old! (and of course if you are riding without kids it is a totally awesome tour as well!!)

Cycle Massachusetts seeks friendly cyclists and FAMILIES!

We’re proud to celebrate 10 years as the Friendliest Ride in the East (we used to be the Mass BikePike Tour), and we’re delighted to welcome cyclists for a weekend or a whole week depending on their schedules. We have some great new features in 2016:

*Family riding weekend! Our opening weekend is especially family-friendly, complete with shorter rides to kid-approved destinations, an ice cream social, and an all-ages outdoor movie!
*Cycle Club Discount – 6 or more riders registering from your club will receive a discounted entry fee: contact Bruce@cyclema.com for more details
*One ride – four states! Not only do we explore Massachusetts, but we’ll ride the quiet roads of Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York as well.
*Back to the Berkshires! We’ll explore the quiet roads of this legendary region. We even have an “Alice’s Restaurant” ride to celebrate the scenes of this famous song.

We’re excited to welcome riders to our fantastic start/finish location at Nichols College in Dudley, Massachusetts. With two nights on their lovely campus, two nights in the cultural mecca of Great Barrington, and a night each in East Longmeadow and Suffield, CT, you’ll have time to explore the most scenic vistas, visit local landmarks, and savor each experience with new friends.

Cycle Massachusetts is from July 30th through August 5th (2, 4, 5, and 7 day options available) and all proceeds support the Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition. Sign up today at http://www.cyclema.com. The registration deadline is July 15th, and Cycle Massachusetts is limited to 150 riders!