Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cute helmets for pinheads?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have a relatively small head - 20" / 51cm. Most size small bike helmets for women start at 21 or 21.5" / 52 cm. I'm loath to buy one on the internet without trying it on, but I'd really like to get a CUTE helmet. I have one now that fits, it's a "youth" size that I got at Scheels, I think. Nothing wrong with it, but I'd just like something prettier, maybe gray-purple to match my bike.

Does anybody know what bike helmet brands might carry really small sizes like this? I do like the equestrian-style look of the nutcase helmets, but having never worn one, I'm not sure if I'd find it comfortable or overly warm.

I went on a helmet-trying-on rampage across town today. I found ONE helmet that fit well - a blue digital camo boy's helmet at Toys R Us It was for ages 8+, and it fit well with the dial turned to the smallest setting. I even tried on multiple helmets marked ages 5-8 that were too big. Kinda feel like a circus freak now - hey look at that lady with the tiny head!

I was going to comment that my honey has a tiny little head too, but I checked her helmet and it's a 52cm, so no help there.

Electra Townie 7D

Hmm. Just looking the kid's helmets at my LBS, there are some from Lazer and Bontrager that fit <52cm. Have you been able to find either of those brands to try on?

http://thebikelane.com/product-list/...58/?rb_ct=1211

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I am going to order a Nutcase "little Nutty", their childrens' helmet. It looks like it should work, and it has a dial. A lot of kid's helmets in the stores don't, and they don't come close to fitting me. I found at least one review of the little nutty by an adult wearing it for herself. I do wish they carried at least one plainer non-kiddish style though.

Just for posterity's sake, in case anybody else with a tiny head wants to know - the Nutcase Little Nutty fits PERFECTLY. I had to dial it down just a little, but not the whole way.

I got this one. Couldn't really tell from the pic, I was kind of hoping it would be matte, but it's glossy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LNG3-1096-Daisy_Pink_w_Visor_1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	17998

Awwww...I love it! I have the exact opposite problem with helmets - I need a huge size.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...