Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

YAY, It's starting to be riding weather in the Idaho Desert

To disable ads, please log-in.

We finally had a dry enough weekend to do a Wandering Wheels ride. WW is our fun riding group. We do day rides and short bike tours, plus we meet for beer, burgers and bike stories once a month - this month we are listening to a presentation on riding the George S Mickelson Trail in South Dakota.

A few Sundays ago, 11 of us met and rode about 25 miles along the Snake River. We started at Swan Falls Dam, rode down the south side, crossed back over at Celebration Park and rode up river back to our cars. For those who are interested - expect to have some hike & bike as the south side is very rocky in spots. Wide tires recommended as there are sandy spots plus dried horse hoof prints are like riding on cobblestone. Somehow, toward the end of the trip I was in front - not a good spot for me. Boulder on left, steep drop off to the river on the right. Feeling cocky, I decide I can "shoot the gap" - Uh that would be a no, hit my handlebar and smack my left hand on the boulder, fly off my bike, over the bank on the right. I grab a salt brush branch to break my tumble (they are covered with thorns) Two of the guys had to pull me up as I couldn't begin to get traction to climb up on my own. No broken bones (whew) and it was pretty funny - would love to say I learned my lesson but probably not

Here is a photo and do watch this video my friend Aillen put together - have the volume on as Bryan makes an excellent tour guide.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG952016022195151010483_resized.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	17969
    https://vimeo.com/156691280
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

That ride is gorgeous. So much sky and space! Glad to hear you're getting good riding weather -- enjoy!
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. -- S. Clemens