Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New TE?

New TE?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Something's happening at TE. They've created a new house brand. But it looks like they've also cut way back on the brands they carry. Which would mean I would have to find someplace else to buy most of my bike clothes from.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I just took a look and I feel like you. Lucky to have purchased stuff on sale (then) because prices for me (in Cdn) are now way too much. I'll just have to shop someplace else too. They only seem to carry now tops and bottoms, and little of it (compared to before).
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

I wouldn't be so quick to abandon ship. After all, they just sold off as much of their stock as possible in preparation for the move. I'm sure they're in re-stocking mode now. Agreed it's the wrong time of year to be doing that - both in terms of wholesaler supply and customer demand - but no doubt they had more compelling reasons for moving when they did.

Maybe buy what you absolutely need elsewhere, now, and check back at TE in a month or two.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I thought that at first, Oak, but they're using the phrase "highly curated."

http://www.teamestrogen.com/pages/about-us

Gone but not forgotten:

Be nice if they popped in for an update. I was looking at some swimming gear (in the old triathlete section) prior to the move, but now there's none listed.

Electra Townie 7D

As I'm reading it, "highly curated" seems to read a lot like "fits in my spare bedroom". No wool anything, no bras, no triathlon, no outerwear, no unpadded shorts or unpocketed jerseys for us 'bent gals....all of which means that quite a few of us are being left off of the "in comfort and style" bus. The "house brand" jerseys look cute but - so did Sheila Moon's and YMX's. The new mailing address is listed as a PO Box, and there are not regular hours for customer service. This must be really devastating to Susan. She seemed to be proud of being a mover and shaker in the industry and this looks like a huge step back.

Maybe Susan is sick of it all...

I just hope this forum doesn't go away.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by RedPearlRacing View Post
    This must be really devastating to Susan. She seemed to be proud of being a mover and shaker in the industry and this looks like a huge step back.
    or perhaps she wants more time for other positive things...georgina terry went to a less demanding schedule/work and is still providing a hand built bike service with waterford doing the builds.....both will always be a positive constructive force in women's cycling even if just in a look back.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I don't know that emphasizing one's very own clothing line is a "step back" from reselling other people's. It's a huge step in a different direction.

Maybe it's not a step that all of us here are happy with, considering how much of our gear we've bought from TE over the years ... but maybe it's a sign of Susan's success that we can now buy pretty much all the same things locally, or near-locally, that just simply weren't available except by mail order when she started.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    or perhaps she wants more time for other positive things...georgina terry went to a less demanding schedule/work and is still providing a hand built bike service with waterford doing the builds.....both will always be a positive constructive force in women's cycling even if just in a look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I don't know that emphasizing one's very own clothing line is a "step back" from reselling other people's. It's a huge step in a different direction.

Maybe it's not a step that all of us here are happy with, considering how much of our gear we've bought from TE over the years ... but maybe it's a sign of Susan's success that we can now buy pretty much all the same things locally, or near-locally, that just simply weren't available except by mail order when she started.
    I very much agree with both of these.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

missing your presence salsabike.......
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    missing your presence salsabike.......
    Thanks, girl. I'll be back more in a week or so...
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Just to clarify my original comments, I do wish them well with their new direction. I just already have more short-sleeved jerseys than I need, and after trying many brands of shorts the only ones that are comfortable for me are from Gore, which they're no longer carrying. The things I need are the things they're not selling anymore. Much of it is actually not available at local stores -- I'll probably have to drive an hour or more to find a store that carries Gore products, and for much of the rest I'll have to find a new mail order company. Given TE's amazing customer service, there's little chance the new mail order sources will be nearly as good. I will miss the happy feeling I always got when the email arrived from TE telling me that my order has been shipped.

Gone but not forgotten:

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Just to clarify my original comments, I do wish them well with their new direction. I just already have more short-sleeved jerseys than I need, and after trying many brands of shorts the only ones that are comfortable for me are from Gore, which they're no longer carrying. The things I need are the things they're not selling anymore. Much of it is actually not available at local stores -- I'll probably have to drive an hour or more to find a store that carries Gore products, and for much of the rest I'll have to find a new mail order company. Given TE's amazing customer service, there's little chance the new mail order sources will be nearly as good. I will miss the happy feeling I always got when the email arrived from TE telling me that my order has been shipped.
    Yep, understand this too, nybiker, and I will miss that as well.

TE means a lot to so many of us, so I just emailed them and asked if someone could pop in and give us an update. I know we all love TE and want to keep shopping there, so here's hoping!!

Electra Townie 7D