Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TE?

Hybrid View

New TE?

Something's happening at TE. They've created a new house brand. But it looks like they've also cut way back on the brands they carry. Which would mean I would have to find someplace else to buy most of my bike clothes from.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I just took a look and I feel like you. Lucky to have purchased stuff on sale (then) because prices for me (in Cdn) are now way too much. I'll just have to shop someplace else too. They only seem to carry now tops and bottoms, and little of it (compared to before).
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

I wouldn't be so quick to abandon ship. After all, they just sold off as much of their stock as possible in preparation for the move. I'm sure they're in re-stocking mode now. Agreed it's the wrong time of year to be doing that - both in terms of wholesaler supply and customer demand - but no doubt they had more compelling reasons for moving when they did.

Maybe buy what you absolutely need elsewhere, now, and check back at TE in a month or two.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I thought that at first, Oak, but they're using the phrase "highly curated."

http://www.teamestrogen.com/pages/about-us

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Be nice if they popped in for an update. I was looking at some swimming gear (in the old triathlete section) prior to the move, but now there's none listed.

Electra Townie 7D

As I'm reading it, "highly curated" seems to read a lot like "fits in my spare bedroom". No wool anything, no bras, no triathlon, no outerwear, no unpadded shorts or unpocketed jerseys for us 'bent gals....all of which means that quite a few of us are being left off of the "in comfort and style" bus. The "house brand" jerseys look cute but - so did Sheila Moon's and YMX's. The new mailing address is listed as a PO Box, and there are not regular hours for customer service. This must be really devastating to Susan. She seemed to be proud of being a mover and shaker in the industry and this looks like a huge step back.

Nice idea Pax! It's good to have alternatives but hopefully this forum can stay around.

Thanks Pax! I will join now in case TE just goes "poof" one day, without warning. I don't think Susan would do that, but in case I miss an announcement in my travels, it will be comforting to know I won't lose all of you good folks!

ETA: I can't find the group! Searched for "After TE" (w/o quotes) in FB and in Google "Facebook group After TE", but nothing. Could you provide a direct link, Pax?
    Last edited by emily_in_nc; 03-10-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Try this, Emily, https://m.facebook.com/groups/196572...?ref=bookmarks if that doesn't work I'll open the group to make it more "findable".

Electra Townie 7D

I opened the group, if we end up using it much I can always close it if people prefer. Also, I don't know anyone's real name so feel free to say who you are here when you join.

Electra Townie 7D

I followed the link and it opened up in a strange way, but it opened! I submitted a join request. Even if we don't do much with it, it is a nice alternative way to connect, kind of the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I followed the link and it opened up in a strange way, but it opened! I submitted a join request. Even if we don't do much with it, it is a nice alternative way to connect, kind of the best of both worlds.
    My thought as well. Sometimes forums glitch out and having a place to connect will be nice.

Electra Townie 7D

I followed the link and it opened up in a strange way, but it opened!
    yeah...Pax, it looks like you gave a bookmark link in your post instead of a www.facebook page link which i assume would work better with Facebook
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

It worked fine after Pax approved me.

It worked fine after Pax approved me.
    good

and in case this site does disappear i'll say this now

light and love

au revoir
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron