Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

There's an Ogre in my front hall

To disable ads, please log-in.

And so on a February day with temps of 60 F and a wind advisory (gusts to 55 mph), we made the 2.5 hour drive to Grand Rapids to bring Tehanu home.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0984.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	17964
    I ordered her two weeks ago and was all set to pick her up last Friday, but the temps were around 10-12 F and I wasn't ready to be pedaling around in that. Plus I have exactly zero experience riding in snow, and we had a lot of it a week ago. But the warmth and wind yesterday melted all of it, and the roads were even dry.

Jason-the-mechanic adjusted her and I rode around the neighborhood. I'm planning on getting a real fitting at some point, but everything's comfortable for now. Paid up, loaded her on the bike rack, and headed for home. We weren't five minutes on our way when we realized that the wind was becoming intense enough to rip her right off the back of the car, so we pulled into a parking lot, took her off the rack, and loaded her into the back of the SUV. We also decided that my cheapie little bike rack isn't quite secure enough for Tehanu, so I'm looking at better racks, probably a platform-style. And I foolishly forgot to clear a space in the garage for her, so she's sitting in the foyer till I do.

And I rode this morning, yay! I'm in serious need of practice, ow!

Fun! Enjoy!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Enjoy!

Lovely! I'm jealous - I love the Ogre - but I don't need another bike. I already have too many. And currently it's N+2 that I want anyway (which won't happen, but I'm dreaming).

It's protocol in our house for bikes to stay inside for at least a week after they come home. New bike in the house privileges and all that!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    It's protocol in our house for bikes to stay inside for at least a week after they come home. New bike in the house privileges and all that!
    A whole week? Oh, good -- now I don't have to hurry with clearing a space in the garage!

Looks like a fun adventure bike. Hope you really get to enjoy it soon.

I leave my two bikes in the laundry room which is kind of an add- between the side door and the carport of our house. Closer access to escape. My husband usually keeps one bike inside and his other one further back in the storage room behind the laundry room.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    Looks like a fun adventure bike. Hope you really get to enjoy it soon.

I leave my two bikes in the laundry room which is kind of an add- between the side door and the carport of our house. Closer access to escape. My husband usually keeps one bike inside and his other one further back in the storage room behind the laundry room.
    I'm hoping I get to enjoy it soon, too! Last Friday and Saturday were the only relatively warm days in weeks, and today and tomorrow we have a blizzard coming in, whoopee. We have my bike in the hall and the seed catalogs on the coffee table, and those are what's anchoring the hope for spring in this house.

Until then, though, I'm enjoying looking at her every day.