Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Wallet/bag rec?

Wallet/bag rec?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I currently carry my license, credit cards, a few bucks and a car key fob in a small mesh zippered bag, about 3x4. It fits nicely in my bento bag, saddle bag or jersey pocket on the bike, and then I just throw it in my purse afterwards. The bag is starting to fray a bit, so I am trying to replace it, but can't find anything similar. It's similar to a change purse. Anyone use anything similar? I like the mesh because i can see the key fob buttons through the bag, so I don't have to pull the key out to use it. Looking for either a mesh bag, or lightweight nylon.
    Any suggestions? Other than a small ziploc bag

Half the time I use a ziplock... I also have a cell phone flip case that has enough slots for a DL, CC, and a little bit of cash. It's fat enough I don't worry about it bouncing out of my pocket.
    Specialized Oura or Romin Evo Saddles

I have a wallet that fits in my jersey pocket. So, no having to take out license, money, etc. Phone goes in jersey pocket, too. If I have to carry my key for my car, that goes in the zippered pocket in my seat bag. It's just a regular leather wallet that is thin.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I carry about the same amount of stuff and use the Marsupial wallet from Chums.

Electra Townie 7D

i like the creativity on esty and supporting those selling their products there.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Pax, I was looking at the Chums.....do you think a key fob would fit in there with a few cards? Not sure if it is wide enough? Where did you get yours? I can order on line, but would like to check it out in person if possible.
    Rebecca, good idea, I like Etsy too, and didn't think to look on there.
    Last edited by Penny4; 02-07-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Know a photographer?

I keep my cash in an old lens filter wallet of DH's ... there'd easily be room for the things you mention.

Running and cycling, since I need to protect my phone from sweat, I keep it in a heavy (4-mil) 4x6 ziploc bag, and all the paperwork and a few bucks go in there too. I don't normally keep my car key in the bag, but there's room for it on the occasions when I drive to run.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Penny4 View Post
    Pax, I was looking at the Chums.....do you think a key fob would fit in there with a few cards? Not sure if it is wide enough? Where did you get yours? I can order on line, but would like to check it out in person if possible.
    Rebecca, good idea, I like Etsy too, and didn't think to look on there.
    It's very thin so not sure if the fob could be zipped inside. I ordered mine online but know some Gander Mountain stores carry them, up by the checkout.

Electra Townie 7D

Yeah, it looked a bit thin. I do have a Gander Mtn, so maybe i will try to check them out.

In the meantime..i found what i wanted on Etsy! I've sent a note to the seller to see if she will do a custom size. I always forget to look here!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2652423...=sr_gallery_34

I guess I'm too late for Penny, but if anyone else is looking for something more wallet-like, I got this Chums surfshorts wallet from REI and it works well for me.

https://www.chums.com/wallets/surfshorts-wallet

It holds my driver's license, several credit cards, insurance card, cash and coins. There's a built-in key ring, though I keep my keys separate from it.

For mesh bags, I go to the Container Store. They have them in various colors and sizes. I'm having trouble getting to their website right now.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I love wallets that show my ID. Is the Chums wallet water resistant? (It's shocking how much sweat I can generate that seems to seep through the back pockets). Ewww...damp money.
    Last edited by Aromig; 02-09-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I guess I'm too late for Penny, but if anyone else is looking for something more wallet-like, I got this Chums surfshorts wallet from REI and it works well for me.

https://www.chums.com/wallets/surfshorts-wallet

It holds my driver's license, several credit cards, insurance card, cash and coins. There's a built-in key ring, though I keep my keys separate from it.

For mesh bags, I go to the Container Store. They have them in various colors and sizes. I'm having trouble getting to their website right now.
    This one was also on my list to check out, i may still take a look. I like the mesh better as it is kind of see through, so i can hit my car key buttons without taking it out. But the surf shorts looks more durable and like it can hold more.
    I bought my original bag at the Container Store, but can't find the same size anymore. It just fits perfectly in all of my bags on the bike! Anyway, i am still working with a seller on Etsy, and i think she will be able to provide what i'm looking for.