Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I also thought it was something that was part of the shoes. Just shows how little I know. Our room is almost totally dark and I hate it. Most of the people love it and complain about the one instructor who keeps the lights on. Surprise, she is a cycling coach, not a "spin" instructor. She is watching people carefully to make sure they are in good form. I just feel it's silly. It doesn't make me work harder or put me in the zone. In fact, it makes me feel kind of claustrophobic.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I also thought it was something that was part of the shoes. Just shows how little I know. Our room is almost totally dark and I hate it. Most of the people love it and complain about the one instructor who keeps the lights on. Surprise, she is a cycling coach, not a "spin" instructor. She is watching people carefully to make sure they are in good form. I just feel it's silly. It doesn't make me work harder or put me in the zone. In fact, it makes me feel kind of claustrophobic.
    Ha. I'd be tempted to put a headlight on the spin bike. And a blinky on the back.

I had no idea that fitbits had blinking lights. I don't use any device like that. Ever since I decided that I wasn't really getting anything useful from using a heart rate monitor, I pay very little attention to fitness gadgets. All I need is a clock with a second hand (or display, if it's digital) if I want to make sure I'm getting my heart rate up enough.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I totally geek out on the running gadgets, but my Jawbone activity tracker I use mainly for two things: to zap me when I've been sitting too long, and as my alarm clock, IMO a much nicer and more reliable way to wake up than an audible alarm. I actually take it off for some of my running workouts, since I'll have a Garmin on each wrist.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

So how does the Jawbone wake you up? Electric shock?

(I'm kidding, I assume it vibrates? I have a travel alarm clock that you put under/next to your pillow and it vibrates when the alarm goes off.)

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I am not sure if the Fitbit is actually blinking; it's that with each pedal stroke the little green light is going around and around and it looks like blinking.
    NY, glad to see I am not the only one. I stopped wearing my HR monitor many years ago, after having none of them work well. All I learned is that my HR is higher than most. I truly am someone who can use RPE and very accurately predict what my HR is from that.
    I set an alarm (clock radio) on the days I get up super early for the gym, but I really don't need it. My brain wakes me up about 5 minutes or more before any alarm i set. It is very rare my alarm wakes me up. I just don't sleep later than 6 AM, unless I've been out until midnight.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    So how does the Jawbone wake you up? Electric shock?

(I'm kidding, I assume it vibrates? I have a travel alarm clock that you put under/next to your pillow and it vibrates when the alarm goes off.)
    Yep, it vibrates. And I also say it tases me when I get too lazy.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler