Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks everyone!

Crankin - it's a work release program for current felons in a step down unit, they are in the last two years of their sentences. I would be overseeing 28 men, teaching them how to get jobs, write resumes, interview, and then follow up while they're working.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Thanks everyone!

Crankin - it's a work release program for current felons in a step down unit, they are in the last two years of their sentences. I would be overseeing 28 men, teaching them how to get jobs, write resumes, interview, and then follow up while they're working.
    This is excellent, congratulations!

That sounds really interesting, Pax. Good luck!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Pax, that's great! Good luck!!!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

It would be nice to make a difference in someone's life again, it's been a while.

Electra Townie 7D

it's a work release program for current felons in a step down unit, they are in the last two years of their sentences. I would be overseeing 28 men, teaching them how to get jobs, write resumes, interview, and then follow up while they're working.
    The identity from the uniqueness of our personality, our character and what we value is to me more important in defining us and our self worth than the job we have. Now that job description also sounds like it could help in those areas in a positive way…..hoping you’re hired and find out it does.
    ...and i'd be grateful for that happening for you!!!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Pax, that is hugely important work! I did a report a few years ago for a non-profit on programs across the country that focus on helping ex-inmates aim for living wage work. That is really awesome.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I would be overseeing 28 men, teaching them how to get jobs, write resumes, interview, and then follow up while they're working.
    This sounds like you can really make a difference! I have a family member that had been repeatedly incarcerated - mostly for minor drinking offenses (public intoxication, fighting, etc.) but it happened enough he was considered a habitual offender. After several years, I think it was clear that he thought jail was easier and he had no idea how to transition to real life, and getting a job and meaningful employment was obviously harder to do. I wonder how much recidivism rates are linked to the fact that felons don't know how to transition back to normal life. What meaningful work! Good luck with your second interview.

Average recidivism rates in the US are 65-75% in the first 3-5 years, this program has a 6% rate, so it appears to be very successful. In the past I've developed these programs for agencies where I've worked, if they are done well, they can make a huge difference.

Electra Townie 7D

Average recidivism rates in the US are 65-75% in the first 3-5 years, this program has a 6% rate, so it appears to be very successful. In the past I've developed these programs for agencies where I've worked, if they are done well, they can make a huge difference.
    Sounds like you are a great fit for the job. Really hoping for you! Definitely important, meaningful work.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I am grateful that the sun came out for a little while this afternoon. Also that the impending super-cold weather is expected to last less than a week, and that it's not expected to be beyond-ridiculous-cold like we had last winter.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'm grateful that the door seems to be cracking open for me here in Florida. Got an academic library interview, I'm so excited to get an interview in my field.

Electra Townie 7D

Awesome, Pax!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Yay Pax!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Very good to read this Pax!

I am grateful that the days are getting a little longer!