Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

To disable ads, please log-in.

Nice, Oak. I'm grateful that the Target near my office sells honey from a local source, and at the same price as their store brand honey. That's a double-miracle in my book. I would be willing to pay more!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_74A6330.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	18008

I'm grateful for the opportunity to run on Monday. For the beautiful weather we're having today. For the birds freshly in their breeding plumage, so clean and bright.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Grateful to still be about to get out into the woods and hike. Very thankful to be able to see all of the trees in bud and to listen to the quiet breeze in the trees.

After spending a couple of days with my in-laws (she with severe dementia and he with a smidge of dementia plus lots of physical problems), I am grateful that my mother is sound of mind, and mostly sound of body (just some arthritis).
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I'm grateful for lots of things today. A few -

For the new PT, and for the chance meeting with the runner who gave me his name.

For the eastern phoebes who've chosen to nest under our eave again this year. The nest is right where I can lie on the couch and watch the chicks with my binoculars. They're 12 days old today and just starting to pay attention to their surroundings.

For the Baltimore orioles who are visiting my feeder this year, which they never have before. Such a bright splash of color.

For finally starting to come out the other side of this cold>sinus infection>just enough bronchitis to scour my lungs out a little.

For a beautiful sunny day.

I was going to post in the April rides thread, just to catch up for the record, to note some good bike rides from the last couple of weeks of that month. But instead I'll just sum them up here -- I'm grateful that I've found good cycling friends to ride with.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Thanks to the moderators for cleaning up yesterday's spam attack!

I think that was the worst I've seen here!

So, we have an offer on our house. We lowered the price a lot (3 times) and the offer is less than the price, but we accepted... we replied with we accept, but no contingencies and that inspection is purely for their information. They accepted the terms. We have fast tracked the process, with inspection on Wednesday, hope to have the P and S on Friday. Of course there are absolutely no structural or safety issues with the house, but we know the inspector will say the water heater and furnace should be replaced. They are working well, recently inspected, but are nearing their natural end. We will not pay for that.
    The buyers story kind of resonated with us, perhaps on purpose, but it is not a lie. They are renting in West Concord, young family, with 3 elementary aged kids. The amount they offered is the limit of what they can afford, and they are pre-approved. Our neighborhood sends kids to the elementary school in West Concord, as it is the closest in miles, but on the other side of the highway that divides my town. They do not want to change schools. So, they are limited in money and geographic area. They kind of reminded us of ourselves when we moved here... of course we lived in a cheaper rent town for 6 years, but the story resonated with us. Right now what's selling in our town is one 1.5 million or above, or less than 450K, which means it's either a condo or an older ranch, which will be torn down for a new home. Our home is in neither of these categories. So, we are taking the $ and running. We have never seen a home as an investment, and we only made a big profit on the last home we sold. Just want the process to be done with.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Sounds like it's good I didn't visit the site over the last couple days We have a GREAT admin team!

Congratulations Crankin - may it work out to the benefit of everyone!

Congratulations, Crankin!

Hope everything goes smoothly with the sale and you can move forward quickly. Sounds like it will all be fine.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Congratulations, Crankin! Glad you're seeing the light at the end of that tunnel.

We are moving ahead with the home sale... inspection went well, our agent was there, and we monitored it on the video camera we have outside the house. We also have audio on it, so when we heard something, we texted our agent, and she brought up the correct answer! They saw the camera (we heard them say "Oh, he might be watching us"), but they had no idea about the audio. Anyway, they want a few of the things we have left there, in the garage, so we are selling them to the buyers at a low cost, except for the power washer, we will give to our son. We will sign the P&S Friday as planned. These people are super excited, they renting an apartment with 3 kids, so they are eager.
    Grateful to be done with this, almost.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Happy for you, Crankin!

I'm grateful to be loved by a profoundly wonderful woman. I want to try and get the asthma under control before I throw in the towel, but today she says (while watching me gasp) "I will leave today, lets get in the car and go now". So supportive and loving, I am so lucky!

Electra Townie 7D

Purchase and Sale is signed!
    It was difficult, right up to the end. Our radon test came out .6 over the acceptable level. Most of you probably do not know what this is, but let's just say, it's another way for people to make $. Radon is everywhere in New England, in the air, etc., from all of the granite. The companies that do the testing scare the crap out of people. Anyway, as I said, the buyers really need to move, so we gave them some money to put a mitigation system in, or not. We aren't glowing, and we lived there for 11 years. When we sold our last house, the test came out 10 points over the limit, so we had to spend 2K to get the system put in.
    Had a nice Mexican dinner to celebrate, including copious amounts of sangria.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Congrats, Crankin!