Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganBikeChick View Post
    Sounds like a dream. I work at Childrens. If only I was looking to buy...
    Well, if you know anybody. There goes the anonymity of the internets.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I took 17 dozen eggs to a local food pantry today. This was the first time when I was there at noon. Normally, we go there near closing time and only people milling about are those with some sort of addiction, mental illness or mentally challenged. But today, the people waiting were neatly dressed moms on lunch break with their child(ren) in tow. It really is sad to see that the people are having hard time in meeting their basic need and have to look for assistance.

The 17 dozen eggs will be divided into 34 half dozen. I hope the people who receive our fresh eggs will find some comfort.

I'm grateful for having the means to provide some assistance to those in need. This was one of our goals when we started our farm.

peace to all,

Thank you, Smilingcat.

I'm grateful for the chance to ride my motorcycle to the chiropractor today - another really helpful treatment - a nice lunch with Pax - and the feel of cold fresh gas in the tank against my leg on a warm day.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

So great seeing you, Oak!!

I'm grateful that I've turned some sort of corner in life. I'm so happy and content, life just makes me smile. I love the feel of the water on my skin when I swim, the feel of the sun on my face and sand on my feet at the beach, love sitting with my honey and just chatting and relaxing. I think my heart is responding to being where it needs to be at this exact moment in time.

Electra Townie 7D

It makes me grateful to be able to read all of your wonderful stories!

It was a perfect spring day. Warm, sunny for a change and no wind. But I'm really tired now .

Hot long shower and curry for dinner.

Thankful to still be able to workout, even if not quite how I would like. There is something very comforting about beating the storms home from work, doing a kb session and showering before dinner and a planned evening of curling up with a good book. The only problem is which one!

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Thankful to still be able to workout, even if not quite how I would like. There is something very comforting about beating the storms home from work, doing a kb session and showering before dinner and a planned evening of curling up with a good book. The only problem is which one!
    ending curled up with a good book sounds wonderful......and of course with hot chocolate
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    It makes me grateful to be able to read all of your wonderful stories!
    Exactly!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    ending curled up with a good book sounds wonderful......and of course with hot chocolate
    I DID, but my version of hot chocolate. Strong peppermint tea with 100% cacao and cream. Even unsweetened the peppermint tea offsets the cacao enough that sugar isn't required at all, though sometimes I add a bit of honey.

The Kraken Rum variant is awesome but I don't often do that so it stays special

I'm grateful that last night's flat tire was not a catastrophic failure and that I was able to finish my bike ride.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'm grateful DH just handed me a cookie from the batch that he baked. <3

I am grateful that the hummingbirds have found our feeder. I have a feeling they are pretty grateful too.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm grateful I got to spend the weekend in solitude away from my mystery neighbor who blasts his surround sound every night (mystery as in I can't locate which neighbor in the building it is)
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

I'm grateful beyond words that the wild honeybees in our woodlot made it through another winter. The swarm first moved late in the season a year ago, so late that even disregarding varroa mites and colony collapse disorder, experienced local beekeepers told us they had pretty much zero chance of building enough honey stores to survive the winter. And yet ... here they still are, blanketing our dandelions, creeping Charlie and weeping cherry blossoms. I finally found which tree their hive is in, just now, and watched them flying in and out. So peaceful.