Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

To disable ads, please log-in.

I don't suppose Doug Burris was one of your teachers, Crankin?? Not sure when he started in Miami. He just passed away. I didn't know him, but a friend of mine here had been a colleague and remained friends with him.

I'm partial to von Karajan, myself. But I'm just grateful for Beethoven. And Liszt.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

No, he wasn't. After spending the last 8 weeks of 10th grade at a public school of 4,000 kids, I went to a teeny private school, where I had 10 kids in my graduating class. It wasn't the most selective school (too late to apply to that one, and besides could you see me at "The Everglades School for Girls?"), but we had great teachers. Most were going to grad school at night.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

"Everglades School for Girls" ... "and Wayward Alligators"

Ha, ha. It's now Everglades-Ransom School, which was the matching, selective boys' school. The kid who lived down the street from me in Newton, moved to Miami (same area) just a few months before I did. Obviously, his parents knew the deadline for applying, because he went to Ransom. My issue with the public school, besides the sheer size and racist students, was the fact when I went to register for classes, they did not put me in the appropriate levels. I knew what I was in at Newton South was pretty much like their advanced or honors levels, but no, they put me in basic college prep, and it was for morons. The only class that I belonged in that level for was math. It was a very quick lesson in the differing quality of education from state to state.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm thankful that the storms didn't cause damage to my home or my immediate area, and that the threat of severe weather is past. I'm also thankful that I can no stress about my final on Friday - I need a 32 to pass the block (pass-fail curriculum). So - I can focus on learning, and then start packing for Portland. I'm also thankful that DH and I are finally headed on a vacation together.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

+3 on your being okay NY

I’m grateful for Apple customer service and AppleCare. I dropped off my 2 year old macbook pro at the apple store when i got back at 8:30 tuesday night because some horizontal and vertical lines were on the screen (thinking I caused it too). I got an email that they replaced the screen and just fedex’ed it overnight first morning delivery back to me from the repair facility in Texas….2 1/2 day turnaround with no cost for anything.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I am SOOOOOOO thankful to the CVS employee who picked up the bag containing my drivers license, debit cards and a couple of other important things that I accidentally dropped there, and even looked up the phone number I had on file there (unfortunately for me, a number that I don't often check the messages on). She said she couldn't accept a reward, maybe I'll send some flowers. PHEW!!!!

That is great, Oak!!!

I left my phone in the stacks a couple of nights ago, thankfully a student found it and turned it in, some wonderful folks in this world.

Electra Townie 7D

I am so thankful that our realtor's crew has done a remodel of our old condo. It'll be on the market next week. We fully expect some good offers and hope for a smooth close.

I am thankful for our new home and that Knott was able to find such a nice spot for us to land.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I am so thankful that our realtor's crew has done a remodel of our old condo. It'll be on the market next week. We fully expect some good offers and hope for a smooth close.

I am thankful for our new home and that Knott was able to find such a nice spot for us to land.
    glad all the neighbor drama can be in the past now....and may your neighbors always be pleasant human beings from now on quick sale at asking ftw
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    glad all the neighbor drama can be in the past now....and may your neighbors always be pleasant human beings from now on quick sale at asking ftw
    Asking? Heh, heh. We are going to have a bidding war; ground floor, end unit, with own garden space and bike parking, on the Burke Gilman (watch the trail from the kitchen), walk and bike to anything including Seattles two new light rail stations, a country cottage feel in the big city, walk to Magnussen park, Beaches and trails, Children's Hospital, Seattle's best neighborhood eateries ... It's gonna be fun. We bought low and expect to do fairly well.

If you know a cyclist, kayaker or runner in Seattle who is looking ....and I don't think crazy neighbor lady will bother them.
    Last edited by Trek420; 03-13-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

That's awesome. Living in NC most of my adult life, bidding wars for real estate are pretty much unheard of. If we get 10% below asking, we're happy. Sad, right!? Lucky you!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    That's awesome. Living in NC most of my adult life, bidding wars for real estate are pretty much unheard of. If we get 10% below asking, we're happy. Sad, right!? Lucky you!
    I'm thankfull for our realtor. He is very smart. I think he'll find that sweet spot and price it right. Too low and folks wonder "what's wrong with it?". Too high and they don't look. Juuuust right and it gets interest. That's what we're hoping for.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Asking? Heh, heh. We are going to have a bidding war; ground floor, end unit, with own garden space and bike parking, on the Burke Gilman (watch the trail from the kitchen), walk and bike to anything including Seattles two new light rail stations, a country cottage feel in the big city, walk to Magnussen park, Beaches and trails, Children's Hospital, Seattle's best neighborhood eateries ... It's gonna be fun. We bought low and expect to do fairly well.

If you know a cyclist, kayaker or runner in Seattle who is looking ....and I don't think crazy neighbor lady will bother them.
    Sounds like a dream. I work at Childrens. If only I was looking to buy...
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

trek.....you're right of course...quick escrow after a great bidding war ftw ....enjoy the new condo!!!!

i'm grateful for my best best friend coming for a five day stay in a week.....and a great SPA day, music clubbing, good food and conversations and a good bike ride!!!!!!!