Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm grateful for the chance to finally meet Pax after a few missed opportunities. Good conversation, good food, nice patio - thank you, Pax!

And I'm grateful for a local organic farmer and the CSA share I picked up this afternoon, such beautiful vegetables and a leader in revitalizing local food in our area. Yum.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

“gratitude opens the door to….the compassion, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe”....pema

‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I am grateful for the end to the heavy rains in Florida and a sunny day today. And a short afternoon run among the puddles left behind. :-)
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I am very grateful that I can now hike at a normal pace - had a great hike today and we did 2.7 miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes. That isn't bad! My knee/quad is still VERY weak, not so thankful about that, but AM thankful for the loan of 2 hiking poles. Whatever it takes to get/keep me mobile! I did bring home more mud than anticipated, but a little bit of mud never hurt anyone.

I am grateful that my mother is in good spirit, good health and of sound mind. This is lot to ask when your mother is in her 80's. WOW!! Go mom!!

I am very grateful for having such a wonderful partner. She keeps me on an even keel.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I am very grateful that I can now hike at a normal pace - had a great hike today and we did 2.7 miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes. That isn't bad! My knee/quad is still VERY weak, not so thankful about that, but AM thankful for the loan of 2 hiking poles. Whatever it takes to get/keep me mobile! I did bring home more mud than anticipated, but a little bit of mud never hurt anyone.
    So, did you find hiking with the two poles better than one, Catrin? I remember when this first came up, I encouraged you to go with two poles, as everything I'd read said that it was safer and better, and I've had great luck with mine over the years. Glad you're back to a good pace and enjoying it!
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    I am grateful that my mother is in good spirit, good health and of sound mind. This is lot to ask when your mother is in her 80's. WOW!! Go mom!!
    Mine too! I feel very lucky, especially since DH's mom is suffering from severe dementia. She is about 5 years older than my mother, but was already having bad memory problems at my mom's age (81). The contrast between the two of them is astonishing to me, and I am so glad to still have a mother who remembers the past, remembers who I am, and whom I can still laugh and talk with about anything under the sun. This too shall pass, and I can't even imagine that, but I am very grateful for however long we have this way.
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    So, did you find hiking with the two poles better than one, Catrin? I remember when this first came up, I encouraged you to go with two poles, as everything I'd read said that it was safer and better, and I've had great luck with mine over the years. Glad you're back to a good pace and enjoying it!
    Yes Emily, the two seems to provide more stability and balances things out. I also find the molded cork handles to be much kinder to my arthitic hands over the larger round hiking staff. That being said, I've been resistant as I'm trying to build quad strength and two sticks makes that more difficult - but since they do provide more stability and confidence on the trail...well, it seems prudent. Thanks for speaking up when I initially asked about them! I've been borrowing a set from a friend at church, but will be getting my own from REI soon.

I have the cork on my poles, too and I like them. I mostly use them for snow shoeing, where sometimes you are really using those poles! Hopefully, I will get to use them this winter...
    I am grateful my DH knows how to do so many trades. My friends are astonished that a Jewish professional guy can do plumbing, electrical work, paint, and fix bikes. He is grumbling about the condo work, but we are almost done and he does feel good about his accomplishments.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

shockingly I found a nice pair of cork-handled telescoping poles at Walmart one year. You might check that out before going to REI, depending on how long you think you'll use them. I LOVE REI and buy anything I expect to keep for a long time from REI but they can get pretty pricey.

I'm beyond grateful for my continued good health.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I'm grateful to have been offered a second interview for a job in social services. It's amazing how much our self worth can be tied up in our "employability".

Electra Townie 7D

and i'm grateful you got a second interview too .....h..o..p..e works
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I know I always tell people that you can't wrap up your whole identity in your work, but I am very guilty of this. I remember when I first moved back to MA, sitting at my kitchen table, when some ad came on TV about teachers. I didn't have a job yet, and I just put my head down and cried. And, it did not work out so well for me when I tried to quit working a few years ago. Tell me a little more about the job.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

That's great, Pax. Crossing fingers and toes for you!
    Emily