Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

To disable ads, please log-in.

So grateful for the gorgeous sunny morning as I ran errands. Thankful and happy that we get to go home for a few days in February!

Electra Townie 7D

So grateful that our long nightmare with our crazy neighbor seems over for now. More important we found and placed an offer on a house. The offer was accepted and now the oy's of escrow commence. I'm grateful that our new pad is also in an area we love. We'll have lots of cycling and biking to keep me healthy and for a long healthy life with my wife, whom I'm also grateful for.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Congratulations, Trek, very happy for you two.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    So grateful that our long nightmare with our crazy neighbor seems over for now. More important we found and placed an offer on a house. The offer was accepted and now the oy's of escrow commence. I'm grateful that our new pad is also in an area we love. We'll have lots of cycling and biking to keep me healthy and for a long healthy life with my wife, whom I'm also grateful for.
    i'm liking this gratitute thread idea......
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Congratulations, Trek, very happy for you two.
    Oh, and I'm grateful for TE.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I was just reading about the young actress who played Meadow Soprano in the Sopranos (I never watched the show so don't really know much about her) but she is now 33 years old and has been dealing with MS for 13 years, she can't really walk up and down stairs anymore and has difficulty walking at all. This really hit home with me, made me realize that my slightly annoying leg is really simply a bump in the road, I'm so grateful for being so healthy otherwise.

Electra Townie 7D

I'm grateful that our ice storm is (so far) has been a sleet storm. I'd rather snow, but sleet is much better than freezing rain. I'm thankful I have a warm house and plenty of food. I'm thankful my DH is home with me. I'm thankful my school cancelled classes, and that we have been provided with alternative methods to learn the information we need to know. I'm thankful to have a gas fireplace, gas hot water heater, and gas stove - so if we do lose power, we will still have some heat, warm water, and a way to make warm food.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I’m grateful that I have just successfully planned a middle of feb work trip that will give me some days of free time in the desert to ride and do some hiking and photography!!!!!

these storm posts are making me miss an old stone house in eastern france and the few days of wood fires to heat the walls during the winter..….in thinking we should be able to post what we ‘would’ be grateful for…..i wanna be grateful for being able to build a stone house by the ocean in northern ca.

yeah...even when it's hard someone usually has it harder....especially with health
    being grateful
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to

What a nice, positive thread.
    I'm grateful that I am approaching 60 years old and have very good health, a marriage that has survived for over thirty years despite challenges, two wonderful grown kids who are flourishing, each in their own way, 2 happy kitties.... well, the list could keep going.

And grateful to my homeowner's insurance for getting me a new bike!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I'm grateful for finding my first checkbook register, from 1990. I had just moved to New York City, and I literally had $92 in the bank. And that was it. There wasn't anything to fall back on. My mom was pretty poor, and my dad was pretty selfish. I guess I had nothing to lose. I look over the entries in that register, and I see how frugal I was, and how the balance slowly grew. I see payments made to Bloomingdales, my first credit card. I still have the thing I bought! It was a Dirt Devil Vacuum cleaner. It took me months to pay for. But I did. I know it must seem like a weird thing to be grateful for, but it makes me see how strong and lucky I am. How far I've come.

I've begun packing my apartment as I'm moving next week. I am grateful to have found a new place in a cool part of town with an extra room for only $100 more than I currently pay. I'm grateful my boyfriend's new job has given him benefits, which he hasn't had since 1998. I'm grateful for my new coworker who is just delightful, and my boss who is fair. And my cats who are so sweet and joyful. Things are great.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I am grateful to have finally gotten an interview for a professional job here in FL. It's just the first step, a phone interview, but it gives me hope.

Electra Townie 7D

H have O only P positive E expectations

….and be grateful that you'll have a good interview!!!!

Definitely, Rebecca!

I'm grateful today for getting to meet the wonderful OakLeaf and enjoying a lovely lunch with a newfound friend. Thanks, Oak!

Electra Townie 7D

Reading this threat makes me smile. (so I'm grateful for TE).

Today I'm grateful that I have pretty good kids. My teenagers (13 and 15) actually seemed human this morning and we had a good start to the day.

I'm grateful that I got to start my day with spinning (reading the 1990 checkbook thread reminds me that I'd never be able to afford spinning classes or gym memberships in 1990) and I'm grateful for the reminder that I have life pretty good and I shouldn't take these things like spinning and gym memberships for granted. Thank you for the perspective!

Red, it's so good to see you here!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport