Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ahhh...this is what I love about you ladies -- I believe I would feel totally at home in a community full of the likes of this group.

Unfortunately I live in the uppity WASP Bible belt of West MI. And the older I get, the less comfortable I feel here. I have lived here more than half my life, but it's never felt like home. And it doesn't help that I loathe Winter and overcast skies. We have more than our fair share of that, here.

I dream of living in the desert SW and being a big of a hermit with DH and our bikes and cats.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Boy, GLC, that haircut and color look great!

It's also way white here for me, having grown up in NY. When I go back east, I just bask in the ethnic richness--and the cultural and behavioral differences too. Love living here, but seriously miss that.

But also, in the spirit of what I said above about when I express my opinion--this region can be rather intolerant of viewpoints other than the very progressive. That is one way to dampen diversity that is not often mentioned but that matters to me. I have some moderate Republican friends who care about all the same things the rest of us do, although their beliefs about solutions may be different, and they feel pretty unwelcome. That bothers me, and I think it actually creates problems that we all pay for later.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I'm loving the haircuts! GLC - you look great! Salsa - that looks so fun!

This is a really interesting perspective for me. I've lived in the "south" my whole life. DH and I are starting to dream about where we might want to wind up for residency/fellowship and beyond (yes, it's early. yes, there's the match. but - I want to know what places look like so I can rank appropriately in - oh - 3 years). Anyway - there is logic. And travel is fun. Please keep the comments coming!

Trek - good luck with the new place, and with the crazy lady! Will you sell your current place or rent it out, if you get the new one?
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    I'm loving the haircuts! GLC - you look great! Salsa - that looks so fun!

This is a really interesting perspective for me. I've lived in the "south" my whole life. DH and I are starting to dream about where we might want to wind up for residency/fellowship and beyond (yes, it's early. yes, there's the match. but - I want to know what places look like so I can rank appropriately in - oh - 3 years). Anyway - there is logic. And travel is fun. Please keep the comments coming!

Trek - good luck with the new place, and with the crazy lady! Will you sell your current place or rent it out, if you get the new one?
    Blueberry, come visit! This area has an extremely well developed health care sector (the Pacific Northwest). And the weather is--for me--delightfully moderate. Ride all year round.

Edit--oh, wait. You ARE coming. To Portland soon. To Seattle later. Perfect!
    Last edited by salsabike; 01-19-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Right now we're planning to keep the place and rent it out. For one thing because it will drive CCN right up the freaking wall. I am sure our tenants will be safe. We have chosen a property manager, the restraining order still stands as we own the unit and she is focussed on Knot anyway.

It must be that she likes tall, brilliant, beautiful blondes. The one that got away in the nunnery.

If we sold right now we'd make bank but while anything can happen in real estate for several reason we feel the values in the area will go up. I'm extremely nervous but still both seem a good investment. And she's 70+ and in poor health so while I wish her well in the spiritual sense of the universe we could move back someday.

Old and new pad are about a half hour bike ride apart so we can swing by and take a look around and make sure walls still stand.

So, if you're in or around or moving to Seattle and interested in a one bedroom bike able condo apartment that takes pets pm me.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    So, if you're in or around or moving to Seattle and interested in a one bedroom bike able condo apartment that takes pets pm me.
    Maybe in the summer of 2019 (when I finish med school and go through the match). Until then, I'm not so mobile!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...