Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

(non-sports) Bras online

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm very impressed by True and Co. and wanted to mention them here. I purchased a couple of regular bras from them in August. I've a small band & large cup, really online is the only place I can find one that comes close to fitting. Personally I happen to like "t-shirt" bras as I find them more comfortable, my skin is rather sensitive. I've noticed recently that one of them are curling up at the edge of the cup and I was unhappy - it wasn't cheap and I only bought it in August!

Out of the blue today I received an email from True & Co with a promo code for a new bra. They said it had come to their attention that bra I bought had a construction problem that made the cup-curling problem likely and they wanted to offer me a brand new $57 bra for free! Of course it was the same model, which was fine since I really like it (check out their "A Space Girl's Dream Full Coverage"). They have several lines of full coverage/non-Victoria's Secret style (nothing wrong with those, just not MY style). Also if you take their fitting survey they keep track of the results and present you with options they think will fit. Free returns.

I'm just really impressed that they acknowledged a problem and took action to address it WITHOUT a complaint! Here is the website if you're interested.

Funny, I have had the cup curling issue with a couple of bras. I am very much like you, in that not only do I like T shirt bras, but they have to be the smooth, silky material, as opposed to the more meshy, lace edged stuff. I cannot stand the feel, and they feel very tight, even in the correct size. I live close to a real lingerie store, and when I told the person there I couldn't stand the material on certain bras, she thought it was weird. She said the band should be tight... I hate that, because it itches me. I have found a couple of styles that meet my requirements, though.
    I stopped buying bras on line 10 years ago, when this place opened up. I often joke with them, that I am the only suburban woman of a certain age that buys a certain brand of thong and bra, both of which they stopped selling. Last year, before my ski trip, I went in to buy a couple of more sexier type night-wear things. There was a new sales person, who was about my age (the owners are young) and she showed me stuff that looked worse than what my grandmother wore... however, I did find stuff I love. It's just funny that almost every brand of product I've bought and liked has been discontinued in the store.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Aww they don't have my size. I'm a 28B, which you can't find hardly anywhere. Most of my "store bought" bras are 32A just because that's the smallest you can find, but the band still gapes around my ribcage.

You might have better luck at Herroom.com. I've ordered 28F from them in a sports bra, it's worth looking. TRUE does have a slightly small range of sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by netskyblue View Post
    Aww they don't have my size. I'm a 28B, which you can't find hardly anywhere. Most of my "store bought" bras are 32A just because that's the smallest you can find, but the band still gapes around my ribcage.
    If you can sew, you can alter the band size. I wear a 30 band , but 32's are easier to fine so I just take a tuck and then they fit. Ok to alter two bands down, but I wouldn't recommend more than that. Then the cups are too widely spaced.

Sally