Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XC Skiing?

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's snowing! Maybe a local ski is in the cards for tomorrow.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

We got right to the local x country area at 9 AM, to be greeted by an almost full parking area, and about 150 kids (all ages) and parents waiting to ski. It was crazy. But they went off in a different direction. DH went in to buy the passes and as I waited in the snow, I saw our friends ski by... I knew they would be there! But, the line for tickets was long, so we went off about 10 minutes later. So, we had been warned lots of twigs and branches on some trails, but they didn't say anything about the rocks peeking out of the snow and dirt in the tracks. Skiing required utmost attention today. I felt discombobulated from the start, but it is a gorgeous bluebird day. When we got near a place where we cross the road to get to the harder stuff, we got behind our friends. A woman in front of me fell and I stopped to ask if she needed help. Anyway, when I got to the road crossing, there was DH, our friends, and another couple (the woman who fell), who are also friends of our friends. We had met this other couple up NH a couple of weeks ago, as they were staying at our inn, where we figured out the connection. Anyway, the 6 of us skied up and down some hills, where I fell once going down and put a knee down climbing a bigger hill there, when my ski got caught under a ledge of rock. The other 2 woman are slower than me, so they didn't see, and the men were ahead, but 2 kids skiing with their dad saw. Basically, I was trying to avoid rocks, etc, when my edge caught. Anyway, we all met up in a nice field (the hardest trail was closed), and they went off to ski more and we had to head home. DH and I went up a short black trail to get back, where I fell descending, again, for the same reason.
    I can laugh, though. The conditions were not so great, and I guess I don't quite have the technical skill for what was out there. Oh well. More snow predicted for Monday/Tuesday, so I will try to get another ski in on Wednesday, before we leave for Vermont.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Our snow is essentially gone, but 6-12" in the forecast for the next 36 hours. I hope the rugrat gets a snow day. He is desperate to get back out on his skis!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2