Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am 5' 6" tall with a short torso and longer legs. I tried a Medium Fatboy which would be like the large Hellga and I could have gone with either. I did feel a tad bit more stretched out on the Med fatboy so went with the Med Hellga. The geometry of the Med Hellga is spot on with the mountain bike I have (Remedy) so, I think it is a good fit.
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

I looked at the geometry of the Hellga. They do not have x-smalls (unusual for Specialized), but the small has a 26.8" standover, which is in the ballpark with my Trek Silque (27.6). It also has 165mm cranks, a necessity for me. They are on sale at my LBS...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I looked at the geometry of the Hellga. They do not have x-smalls (unusual for Specialized), but the small has a 26.8" standover, which is in the ballpark with my Trek Silque (27.6). It also has 165mm cranks, a necessity for me. They are on sale at my LBS...

The sale is the reason I pulled the trigger.

I really need to stop buying bikes LOL But like they say "you only live once" I think this fat bike will be super fun and there are some races I may enter in MI for fun. I already found a group ride in my area, just need to get the bike home now.
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C

Yeah, I don't think Surly is the brand for me.
    I really *don't* need this bike. And... we need snow! Obviously, I won't be racing, but something is pulling me toward this bike. It's going to be rainy on Sunday, so I might just stop by the LBS Trek Chick, I am a firm believer in you only live once. It started after my uncle died at age 52. That's why we've upped our travel and are downsizing a bit earlier than planned, so we will have $ to continue traveling. Cycling and x country skiing is what we do, so I don't feel badly about spending the $, as others spend on things a lot less healthy!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

We have no snow either. Funny how I am wishing for it now. I intended to just stop by for a test ride too and once I sat on it and rode it a bit, I fell instantly in love. I hope you do end up getting one too

Mine was kind of a birthday present to myself. (or at least that's what I keep telling myself)

Since I worked last season at my local Trek dealer and got such a great discount, this will be the 3rd bike purchase for me in one year. I really did not need another bike. I am running out of storage space!
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C

I love Surly! Wishing you fun with all of the new bikes and post many pictures and ride-stories for us to drool over