Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Help!

Angry Help needed for a tall woman!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am 6'0", have had 2 kids, around 200 lbs and have had a very hard time with finding a comfortable saddle. My soft pelvic area hurts to an extreme when I am riding anything beyond 30 miles. I end up bruised and I have spent 5 years trying to find the right saddle. I definitely need the cut out. I have ended up with a gel seat with a larger back for my sit bones...but I am still end up hurting. A friend told me about this forum. Does anybody have any advice to lend?
    Last edited by ze6262; 03-08-2006 at 06:59 PM.

Hey there! Welcome to TE! My saddle has a wide back and humungous cut-out. It's the Selle SMP Strike TRK lady's model. Here's a link to a store that carries it...

http://www.bikemania.biz/ProductDeta...lle_Strike_TRK

I had a lot of soft tissue issues and this saddle has helped me immensely. My sit bones still get sore on long rides, but I haven't been riding much until the last couple of months, so I expected that.

Hope you find a good one soon!

Thanks!

Slinkedog,

Thank you very much. At your suggestion, I bought the Selle SMP Strike TRK lady's modeland can't wait for it to come. After reading some of your threads, I also went to a Specialized dealer and had a "seat fit". The tech spent about 2 hours with me testing out different seats. It was fabulous and well worth my time. I ended up with the Specialized Body Geometry Dolce which I like a lot. I am going to try both the Dolce and the SMP Strike TRK and see which one I like better. I am so desperate that two is better than one. Also Specialized guarantees there fit, so if I like the SMP Strike TRK more than the Dolce, I will take it back for a full refund.

Thanks to you and for all the previous posts! I am a much happier person!

Quote Originally Posted by ze6262
    I am going to try both the Dolce and the SMP Strike TRK and see which one I like better.
    Let me know what you think when you compare the two. I have the Dolce and like it so far, but I haven't been on any long (30+) rides. Slinkedog has really got me thinking about that SMP also. So please give us your comparison between the two seats when you try them both out!

Good luck--I hope you find the "magic" seat!
    Whoever said last man standing wins never asked a girl to play!

Looking forward to hearing how it works out! An unhappy tushie can really ruin your ride!!!

Here's a photo of slinke's saddle I took when we went on a ride together - I've been meaning to post it.

Captions, anyone ?

I actually bought one of those because of how well it was working for Slinkedog and Boulderbliss. Of course, I still can't ride my bike yet so I can't give any reports. I'd love to hear how you like it ze6262!

Trac'

it sure looks a lot better on the bike than it does by itself (looks kinda bulky unattached!)