Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yay RnR!! So glad things are looking up for you. Fingers crossed.

Friday morning I was feeling nice and rested from my easy week. Then the chiropractor got into everything with his Graston tools and thumbs and yikes I'm still sore. No bruising at all, which surprised me, but my transversus abdominis and hip rotators feel like a week's worth of planks. Lots of work on the feet and lower legs too, which aren't very sore, but I really notice the difference in mobility.

Marathon pace run today, which is the workout I'm the most comfortable with ... laundry hung, drag self out ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Yay RnR!! So glad things are looking up for you. Fingers crossed.

Friday morning I was feeling nice and rested from my easy week. Then the chiropractor got into everything with his Graston tools and thumbs and yikes I'm still sore. No bruising at all, which surprised me, but my transversus abdominis and hip rotators feel like a week's worth of planks. Lots of work on the feet and lower legs too, which aren't very sore, but I really notice the difference in mobility.

Marathon pace run today, which is the workout I'm the most comfortable with ... laundry hung, drag self out ...

I feel better after the Graston too. Although I did skip my appt on Friday afternoon because I wanted to be as fresh and unbruised as possible going into yesterday's run. I will ask her to hit my hip again tomorrow. AND, I get to have a massage tomorrow too.

Have a good run today Oak!

Glad the Active Release and Graston is working for both of you! I generally can't handle Graston - it tends to inflame my arthritis too much but it's good to find out what works for you.

Rooting for both of you and have fun running!

YAY, RnR! Very happy for you.

I ran 3 miles this morning on a lovely day. For some reason I was about 30 sec. slower on each mile than on Tuesday; not sure why. But I felt decent and nothing hurt, so I guess that's a successful run. It really never gets any easier, though, but I've only been managing to run 2x a week lately, so that probably has a lot to do with it! Guess I'll just keep on truckin'.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    YAY, RnR! Very happy for you.

I ran 3 miles this morning on a lovely day. For some reason I was about 30 sec. slower on each mile than on Tuesday; not sure why. But I felt decent and nothing hurt, so I guess that's a successful run. It really never gets any easier, though, but I've only been managing to run 2x a week lately, so that probably has a lot to do with it! Guess I'll just keep on truckin'.

I can only speak from my own experience, but it did not get easier for me until I was able to string together long periods of consistent running 3 days a week. And still there are days that just feel hard. It will come, keep trudging along.

I'd say my experience is the same. Not only as far as frequency, but in terms of percentage of total mileage - I'm never not tired at the end of a run that's more than around 30% of my weekly mileage - and I never get the feeling of active recovery, when I'm fresher after the run than before, unless I've gone less than 15%. That's true for me no matter what my weekly mileage might be at any particular time.

Got it done yesterday - and had kind of a funny experience. Three or four miles into my warm-up I passed a guy doing a run-walk, and after we both stopped for water at a little park, we chatted for a little bit before I re-passed him. I usually run later in the day than most of the local marathoners, so while I'll see them at shorter local races, I don't often see them on the road. This guy, turns out, is an ultra-runner, just a couple of weeks off a trail 50K, out for a shake-out run. We chatted for a little and I went on. Then about five miles later, not long after I'd started my race pace segment, we passed each other in opposite directions on a boardwalk. Six or seven miles after that, we rounded the same corner in different directions. It cracked us both up.

Thanks for the feedback. I was starting to feel better running when I was managing to get 3 runs a week in consistently in Mexico. But that hasn't happened for a long time for various reasons, so I am not surprised that the same meager distance seems harder (and I'm slower) than in the past. Just gotta keep plugging away! On the plus side, my riding is going better since I am doing more of it. Been getting in two or three 30-35 mile rides weekly, and that fitness seems to come back pretty fast for me (vs. running, which has always been much more difficult for me).
    Emily

I just pulled the trigger on my plane tickets. Sh*t just got real.

It was extra hot today and crazy windy, so I was really glad that my workout today was shorter intervals that I could do on a pretty sheltered street. Did a circuit of the bridges for my warm-up and got my face sandblasted! I get tomorrow off, then Friday should bring me to my first 50-mile week of this cycle, always a milestone for me. Not a lot of mileage for marathon training, but it's what I can handle. I'll blame it on my age.

Where are you staying this year?
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'll PM you.

Got it..
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Ok...hmmm....catch up time.

Monday I did a slog, I mean an easy run and then went to PT where they had NO sympathy that I had done all my exercises at home the day before. After PT I had a massage at the clinic. The massage therapist was excellent, but took no prisoners, and got into my glute with her elbow. So Tuesday it was a bit sore.

Wed I was back for my final round of PT which went well, and had chiro after. The chiro was super aggressive in her stretching of the injured glute and it was a bit sore yesterday. And not in a good way. That dissipated during the day and I was able to run after work, but I could feel a little tug on the inclines. Dand it.

So now I am ready for everyone to BACK OFF MY GLUTE and take my PT matters into my own hands. I am taking a full rest day today and will try my trail run tomorrow. Hopefully they have not reawakened the beast and all will go well.

I think between PT at home and the foam roller and less aggressive ART, I will continue to get better.

Oooh, elbow to the glute, RnR, I cannot imagine! That does sound aggressive!

Finally had a good run today. First time I've made it for the full 5K distance with no walking (after a walking warmup), and my time was faster than it's been in awhile (since Mexico) as well. I think the weather helped as it was cool (upper 50s), breezy, sunny, with low humidity. Helped my mood and seemed to help my running as well, or maybe I've finally done enough runs lately to start feeling a bit better. Yay!
    Emily

That is great, Emily!

Electra Townie 7D

i got out for my first run/walk yesterday in at least 3 months. It was a gorgeous, sunny 60 degrees! So good to be outside. If only the nice weather would stick around.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN