Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm glad it didn't get worse! Dr Google can be scary, and sometimes it's close to correct, hope it improves!

Oh Oak. I am sorry to hear you are having an issue this close to your race. I know how hard you have been working. Hopefully the ankle will stop barking quickly. Have you tried taping it yet? So frustrating.

My hamstring an glute are holding up well except that now my feet are bothering me. I had tried a new pair of shoes about 6 weeks ago. I want to try more cushion and they felt fine to start, but now the tops of my feet are bothering me and my big toes. Has to be the new trail runners. So yet ANOTHER fail on shoes. Fortunately my old trail runners still have some life in them so I will switch back. I am hoping everything calms down quickly.

Running a local trail race tomorrow, so I will let you know how it goes. I had planned on running a 20k, but I think I will drop down to the 10k since I was sidelined for a bit. The last thing I want to do is push it now and re-injure my hamstring 6 weeks out from North Face. So i will try and be smart.

Hang in there Oak.

Sorry for the pains, Oak and RnR! Hope you both heal up quickly and can do the races you have planned without injuries or pain!

I have not been able to run much lately because we've been traveling back to NC from Florida. I did get in a nice 5K run around one of our campgrounds on 3/14, but that's the last one I've managed. We've done a lot of walking, hiking, and managed a very nice, hilly bike ride yesterday, though. My Asics are bothering my feet a little -- top of foot pain off and on, and big toe joint pain (I've got arthritis there that flares up from time to time). I've got to find some shoes in NC that will work for me and not spring leaks in BOTH toes within 6 months, which is downright ridiculous! I've had good luck with Asics in the past, but not this pair.

It's funny, this is the first time I've everbeen fitted for running shoes at an actual running store, and it resulted in the most foot pain and then shoes that sprung holes in them so quickly, vs. the good luck I've had in the past buying shoes that felt good to me in Rack Room for about half the price. I think I'm heading back to Rack Room, since my budget really doesn't allow for $125+ shoes every six months for the amount of running I do. It would be different if I were doing marathons, but I'm doing 5Ks a couple times a week! Urgh. The first Asics I bought were from Rack Room and were great -- they were trail runners so held up a bit better than regular road runners.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I wore Asics exclusively for about 15 years, then about three years ago I started getting less and less life out of each pair. Seams popping, holes in the mesh above my toes, and the structure breaking down after about three months (I used to get six months out of a pair). New $100 shoes every three months wasn't going to happen, I switched to Brooks Adrenalines and have been really happy with them. Not sure what's up with Asics anymore.

Electra Townie 7D

LRS staffers are usually trained by the shoe manufacturers, and IME a lot of them buy into shoe myths that have contributed to the running injury boom. Latest research says your lowest chance of injury happens when you get shoes that fit. Which ought to be obvious, but as someone who's hard to fit, I've been told all my life by shoe salespeople that I should just cram my feet into whatever they want to sell me based on what they see in two minutes of watching how abnormal my gait is in shoes that don't fit.

Sounds like you've been doing it right on your own.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I wore Asics exclusively for about 15 years, then about three years ago I started getting less and less life out of each pair. Seams popping, holes in the mesh above my toes, and the structure breaking down after about three months (I used to get six months out of a pair). New $100 shoes every three months wasn't going to happen, I switched to Brooks Adrenalines and have been really happy with them. Not sure what's up with Asics anymore.
    The holes in the mesh above the big toe is what has happened to mine. First one, then the other. I am not sure if this indicates that the shoes really don't fit properly or if it's just really cheap, thin mesh. I do appreciate how lightweight they are, but not at the expense of durability. I will look into the Brooks Adrenalines. Thanx Pax!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow