Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I finally got out for my first run in three weeks. Just too crazy busy moving from Mexico back to the US, buying a motorhome, and getting settled in. And some bad weather as well. Today was gorgeous. I started back slowly since it had been awhile, and I don't want to injure myself, though my right Achilles finally feels 100% again. 3.25 miles, about 1 mile of which was walking off and on. A wonderful 59 degrees with sunshine! Ran all over the campground, mildly rolling. Without my knowledge, DH too this photo out one of our windows as I ran by our coach, and the pond right across from our site. Such a beautiful place to run!

Attachment 17947
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    I finally got out for my first run in three weeks. Just too crazy busy moving from Mexico back to the US, buying a motorhome, and getting settled in. And some bad weather as well. Today was gorgeous. I started back slowly since it had been awhile, and I don't want to injure myself, though my right Achilles finally feels 100% again. 3.25 miles, about 1 mile of which was walking off and on. A wonderful 59 degrees with sunshine! Ran all over the campground, mildly rolling. Without my knowledge, DH too this photo out one of our windows as I ran by our coach, and the pond right across from our site. Such a beautiful place to run!

Attachment 17947

Emily,
    was the motor home a plan? I thought you were in Mexico through the winter? Nice picture. Glad you are back running

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    Emily,
    was the motor home a plan? I thought you were in Mexico through the winter? Nice picture. Glad you are back running
    It was something we'd talked about and research for years. We got totally fed up with the constant noise level (mostly construction, but also motorcycles and pounding electronic music off and on) in our neighborhood in Playa del Carmen and decided to cut our losses and return to the US early. Then we were faced with a choice since we'd sold our Honda in July: buy another car and continue renting VRBOs/Airbnbs -- or finally bite the bullet and buy a motorhome. After much discussion and soul-searching, we went with the latter. We missed having our own "home", sleeping in our own bed, and finding appropriate pet friendly places to rent in our budget was always a challenge. So, we're trying this. So far so good, and if we have noisy neighbors or neighborhood, we're mobile!
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    It was something we'd talked about and research for years. We got totally fed up with the constant noise level (mostly construction, but also motorcycles and pounding electronic music off and on) in our neighborhood in Playa del Carmen and decided to cut our losses and return to the US early. Then we were faced with a choice since we'd sold our Honda in July: buy another car and continue renting VRBOs/Airbnbs -- or finally bite the bullet and buy a motorhome. After much discussion and soul-searching, we went with the latter. We missed having our own "home", sleeping in our own bed, and finding appropriate pet friendly places to rent in our budget was always a challenge. So, we're trying this. So far so good, and if we have noisy neighbors or neighborhood, we're mobile!
    We had talked about doing the 5th wheel thing when we retire, but we are now leaning towards relocate and downsize. We have to get out of NJ, the taxes will kill us when we retire. Plus I want to be in the mtns. I am tired of traveling to do what I love.

Relocating and downsizing is a great option too, RnR! We kinda did that for awhile (Belize!) but discovered that we still have a lot of wanderlust and want to travel frequently without having to worry about security at a house we've left behind. So for now, this is a great solution. I imagine that at some point we'll find a place we want to settle down and will do so, but we aren't there yet.
    Emily

Nice, Emily! Glad the Achilles is feeling better.

Trying to drag myself out into the rain. Blech.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Interval day today. Ugh.

There's another HM on Sunday ... it fits into my training plan a lot better than the last one did ... it's an easy way to get my tempo run done. Then again, it's early in the morning which is really not my thing, it's expensive, it's a bit of a drive. So I'm on the fence. Online registration closes tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how my legs feel. It won't sell out and there's race-morning registration, so theoretically I could just show up Sunday morning and run, but I think if I'm going to do it I'd better commit to it ahead of time. Hmmmmmmm.

Oak - what is an HM? (which, in my head, is pronounced hmmmm)

Electra Townie 7D

Half Marathon?

Or, let's see, Hockey Marathon? Hiking Mama-challenge...? I'm a bit challenged where the M is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Half Marathon?

Or, let's see, Hockey Marathon? Hiking Mama-challenge...? I'm a bit challenged where the M is concerned
    High Mileage? Hilly Mile?

Electra Townie 7D

Hilly Mamba?

Hey Mambo, mambo Italiano!

Electra Townie 7D

Hellish Morning, if it involves getting up at 4 a.m., as this one would.

Yep, half marathon.

I'd have to agree with hellish morning. No one is forcing you to do it... and you do it anyway, madness!

Electra Townie 7D

Hi All,
    Have not posted much the last 2 weeks or snow. The snow forced us off the trails and onto the roads which for us was very unpleasant and the unpleasantness ended with me with a mild hamstring strain. That was a week ago. We have a new Sports Med Health Care place right down the road, the do chiro and PT and acupuncture and all that all in one place.Got in right away to see them.

My new PT Mark, says he feels like it is all stemming from.....wait for it....wait for it.... A weak left glute med. WHY IS IT ALWAYS MEDIAL GLUTE???? WHY?

So we started my PT Wed, I am back there today. He seems great. I did get to do a few slow miles yesterday. It felt ok. Tiny pinch up high hamstring/ glute at the end. And onward we trudge. 12 weeks till my race. Come on hamstring!

So as a side note, one of the things he made me do was stand on one foot on a balance pad. Two min intervals. Holy cowzer was that hard. Worked every stabilizer in my whole leg. Even for a yoga chick. I think I am gonna get one of those.