Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Feel better Oakleaf!

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Feel better Oakleaf!
    ^^^ Ditto!

Got out for a nice little 3 miler today, slowly getting the pace back (10:02 min/mile today) after too many layoffs due to injuries, sickness, weather, travel, and other priorities. We had a gorgeous day for it, breezy, sunny, and not too warm (70-72F) as the humidity was blessedly low for Florida. I'll take it!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    So, maybe running those two half marathons wasn't such a great idea ...

I'm not well recovered this week. I had my HRM on at yoga yesterday, and noticed my HR was way higher than it normally is in savasana. I'm sore in unaccustomed places (a good thing I think, changes resulting from the bodywork) and really thinking of taking a pass on tomorrow's scheduled workout and just doing slow distance instead. Plus, we've got houseguests coming in this afternoon, which adds to the mental stress and scheduling difficulty. Wish I'd realized it earlier - the training plan lists Sunday's workout as skippable, not tomorrow's. But, I'm not going to push through tomorrow, not going to risk overtraining when I've still got nine weeks to go. See how I feel in the morning.

Plus, my running watch is acting weird. Worst case, the old, super heavy one still works fine. But I'd rather not have to deal with glitchy tech right now.
    When in doubt, leave it out. I wish i could go back and skip the couple of workouts that pushed me over the edge. Take it easy....

I have learned this the hard way, so many times... I am better than I used to be, but still. It doesn't matter what sport it is, just say no.
    I say this as I head off to the doctor after not heeding my own advice!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Seriously, I want to smack myself in the head. I think it is part of the reason I am so frustrated. With myself. I think part of the problem, my problem at least, it that when I veer off the path, it is slow and insidious. I do not always recognize that it is happening, until it is too late. So I made a big old not in my training log.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I took you guys' advice. I was feeling almost there this morning, and programmed the workout into my watch - which polls heart rate variability, one measure of recovery, for the first few minutes, and it said I was OK to go - but after two miles of warm-up I still felt kind of borderline, so I bailed on the workout and just did 14 easy. Thanks for helping me feel like it was the right decision.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

14 miles is EASY!?!?! LOL, guess you can tell I'm not a runner ;-)

14 miles at easy pace is WAY easy when the prescribed workout was for seven of them to be three 2-mile threshold pace repeats, plus one more single mile at threshold pace.

Distance doesn't make someone a runner or not a runner, either. I wonder if Usain Bolt has ever run 14 miles at a time, in his life.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Good. Stay on the path...you know your body better than anyone.

The PT wants me to try and run up a hill this weekend. Hmmm.....

14 miles easy???

Does not compute for me. But good, glad it worked for you, Oak! I will be happy if I can say "3 miles easy" one day. Right now it's still 3 miles, hard. ;-)
    Emily

I figured it was something like that, I'm just amazed at the idea of actually running that far... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I figured it was something like that, I'm just amazed at the idea of actually running that far... :-)
    There have been times when I've been amazed at BIKING that far :-)

OK, so updates from the world of my glutes.....

Went to PT Wed. and it seems all traces of my "bad behavior" from over the weekend are forgiven. The PT said a few more days of walking around pain free and he will cut me loose. It makes sense because I feel like I have maxed out with it. I can do everything he is giving me at home at this point. I think lots and lots of one legged stability stuff and lots and lots of lunges are in my future.

I can continue with the ART and Graston and just do the rehab at home. Speaking of Graston, the chiro did it on my hip on Monday and ouchy, so I asked her to wait to do it again lest I end up with a gigantic bruise.

So I did a flat 5 miles on the rail trail last night, aside from VERY sore glutes, everything felt fine. I am going to try some flatish trail again tomorrow. They want me to try and run a hill or two to see where I am. I have a route planned that has some incline and one small hill. I will let you know how i make out.

Fingers crossed....

Good luck, RnR. Sounds like you are coming along!

I rode MWF this week, ran on Tues., and plan my next run for Sunday. Thurs. and tomorrow are long walks (utilitarian).
    Emily

Update from yesterday's trail run.

Things went great. I avoided all of the big hills and got in 6.5 miles. Took it nice and slow. I let myself slow down, probably a minute per mile slower than normal and just relax and run. I kept waiting for my glute to start hurting, but it never came. Feels fine this morning. I just got done doing all of my PT exercises and lifting. So mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybe, I am rounding the corner and if I stay patient and smart I will toe the line for my intended distance on May 1st.

PATIENCE......