Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Ring Those Rusty Bells

To disable ads, please log-in.

My beloved Hebb Electric-Bike that has often rescued me from the vagaries of arthritis is very ill, and possibly experiencing multiple organ failure. Leaving my other two bikes sulking in the garage, I did a grocery run today and had to administer CPR on the last mile coming home to the Hebb.
    Poor little thing wheezed and whined terribly up the very small hill and could only muster about 3 mph of power. I was forced to pedal really hard with no assist, so we were BOTH wheezing and whining and threatening multiple organ failure.
    Hopefully I can get up to Hybrid Cycles, Electric Bikes in West Chester, PA during the first week of January for repairs or ... gasp ... a peaceful interment and replacement. Not that Hebbie can ever be replaced...
    With great shame I admit that before Hebbie even has flatlined, my head has been turned by a green-eyed slinky sultry tall drink called Pedego Cargo Stretch.
    The funeral will be a private affair for family, dogs, and bikes and I will atone for my transgressions.
    In lieu of flowers please be kind to all homeless, rusty, traded-in and abandoned bicycles and ring their little bells as you pass by.
    "The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we might become." Charles Dubois

Your electric bike may have a corroded connection inside the motor or broken connection in the Hall-Sensor. So I wouldn't give up hope. Or it could be just one or two burnt out powerFet. Techie stuff but it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm sure a good e-bike mechanic can fix.

I hope it gets fixed quickly.

That Pedrego bike does look nice.

Looks like they're not making Hebbs anymore, though parts are still available so a mechanic should still have a chance at fixing yours.. if you want it fixed..,

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Yes, Hebb is no longer manufactured.

I'm going to be upgrading very soon to the Pedego Cargo Stretch which is a thing of beauty and functionality. Here is a video overview.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygvMPvQZnEs
    "The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we might become." Charles Dubois

Quote Originally Posted by pardes View Post
    I'm going to be upgrading very soon to the Pedego Cargo Stretch which is a thing of beauty and functionality.
    there are lots of e-cargo bikes/trikes being used in europe now. not only individuals but in paris fedex, ups, dhl and lots of small delivery companies use them. they see both the advantages of a green alternative and a good financial business model. wishing more people in the u.s., especially businesses in urban areas, would see that too. there are beginning to be some good examples/models with b-line in portland oregon and a few others....and as you know it also leads individuals to healthier lifestyles!!!

enjoy the pedego!!!!!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Bike Friday's relatively new cargo bike, the Haul-a-Day, also has an electronic assist option. Although I'd prefer to use my own power to ride, I can definitely see times when that would come in really handy with cargo, especially in hilly terrain.

https://www.bikefriday.com/bicycles/...lectric_assist
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow