Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Camping & outdoor hygiene

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://www.womensadventuremagazine.c.../camp-hygiene/

For the first time, I've read an article that gave considerable detail. By the way, I have worried about bears when I had my period....nearly 4 years ago.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Yeah, it was an odd mix of sound, straightforward advice and a little bit of ladylike mincing around :-)

My worst hygiene experience was, surprisingly, eight days on the Haute Route in the Alps in spring, staying at huts. I've camped plenty both summer and winter, but in Norway where water is very plentiful. This was the first trip where I both sweated heavily during the day, every day, and had little time (or energy) or water to do anything about it in the evening. The huts were very strict about water and only had a few bottles of snowmelt available for brushing teeth. So - two antibacterial wipes a day were my total hygiene regimen. And yes, after a week I stank, wool or no wool.

Another time I would have made a point of taking a snow bath in the middle of the day when the sun was somewhat warm.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Sorry being a duh, to post under wrong general topic.

I hated going camping after a long bike ride, on days when my period was heavy and it was hot, humid summer days...
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.