Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Happy Thanksgiving To All

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just wanted to wish a happy holiday to all my TE'ers, near and far, whether celebrating or not. I'm so thankful for the camaraderie this board embodies and appreciate each and every one of you.

Any exciting holiday plans? I'll be working tonight and tomorrow night with the kiddos, hoping for the most minor of illnesses.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Attachment 17892

We're going to a favorite local restaurant for a turkey dinner tomorrow. I'll be missing my family but very thankful for the family and friends we have, even though they're far away. Happy Thanksgiving to all the good women of TE!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Happy Thanksgiving to all! After church tomorrow I'll be helping out at a dinner we are providing to a shelter that is next door, then it's off to a friends house for a traditional dinner.

Love the sand greeting Emily!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    I wrote a reply last night, but I must have forgot to post it. Lots of riding this weekend, due to nice, warm temperatures for this time of year. Going to friends' house, where my son and DIL will also attend. Looking forward to #Blacktop Friday, because it is going to be 60 degrees.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Heading to the beach in a bit just to sit and enjoy the waves, then off to dinner with friends. So thankful to be happy and healthy.

Electra Townie 7D

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for many things, including this forum where I've found so much wonderful advice and support.

Spending a relatively quiet day at home, with hubby and daughter. Daughter and her SO have promised to cook Thanksgiving dinner - all I have to do is make the cranberry sauce.
    Gearing up for a crazy month-and-a-half ahead, where we will have to finish painting the guest room in anticipation of both my son and my dad visiting, for 3˝ and 4˝ weeks, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeDutchess View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for many things, including this forum where I've found so much wonderful advice and support.

Spending a relatively quiet day at home, with hubby and daughter. Daughter and her SO have promised to cook Thanksgiving dinner - all I have to do is make the cranberry sauce.
    Gearing up for a crazy month-and-a-half ahead, where we will have to finish painting the guest room in anticipation of both my son and my dad visiting, for 3˝ and 4˝ weeks, respectively.
    Is there another version of this that involves more than plopping it out of the can onto a plate and slicing along the can lines?

Electra Townie 7D

Ha, ha, Pax. I finally broke down and started making home made cranberry sauce about 5-6 years ago. My mom, who was kind of a gourmet cook, always used canned. It was either "Do you want the regular or the sticks?," meaning the whole berries that have, well, those little sticks in it. Think my cousin made that one up.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Is there another version of this that involves more than plopping it out of the can onto a plate and slicing along the can lines?
    ! For decades I didn't even realize there was a version other than the one with can lines! But then I found an easy recipe that includes Grand Marnier and I haven't looked back since!

Happy Thanksgiving to my American pals here. Ours was in October.

So no day off for us this month. Next one will be for the Christmas vacation...still 3 weeks to go before vacation. Yeah! Not planning anything either as we have to cough of a LOT of money for one of my dogs who's going into surgery soon (he dislocated his hip and we can't get it to stay in place even with a sling). So far, we coughed out nearly $1000 and it did not work. Next step is surgery. So holidays will be very quiet for us. Not that we did anything before but no extra treats for us...the pet's expenses will be our treat for the winter.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

I wish your pooch a full recovery and working hip. Thanksgiving in truest meaning.

I wish kindness, compassion and giving to be year round and not just for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Those who are hungry are hungry year round and not just the holiday season. I wish to be happy but it is hard when I see so much anger and hatred. Actions driven by so much anger/hatred. Is there a need for it? I don't think so.

I will not have made any money on my farm this year. My net income this year is deeply in red. But I will survive. Along with it, we donated well over 500 pounds maybe closer to 1000 pounds (500kilos) of fresh produce and eggs to community center where it was distributed to the needy. Having conversation with state legislature and state senator about food desert and how to help those in need. This is what I think of when I think of Thanksgiving and the good will during the holiday season.

I wish you all well and let us think of good will toward fellow men through out the year and not just the holiday season. This is my wish for this holiday season.

Peace be with you,

smilingcat

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    I wish kindness, compassion and giving to be year round and not just for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Those who are hungry are hungry year round and not just the holiday season. I wish to be happy but it is hard when I see so much anger and hatred. Actions driven by so much anger/hatred. Is there a need for it? I don't think so.
    Peace be with you,

smilingcat
    and peace be with you and every woman here....i wish for the working hard towards solutions that can give all people a life journey of meaningful, peaceful and caring lives instead of hate/anger filled ones.

we worked at a community center that provided free dinners all day to anyone who came....we served over 200+ people and i was overjoyed to see the smiles on the faces of so many adults and especially the children. I felt blessed to be a part of it.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I hope all families represented here had a wonderful thanksgiving. I was thankful to have a household full of loved ones. Besides eating our fill we played several variations on spot-it, Texas 42 and catch-phrase. No outdoor activity as high in 20's and a scuff of snow from early morning wasn't too inviting.

I had a nice dinner yesterday with new friends, and got to know a couple current ones a bit better. I really enjoyed that, and while I did eat a little that I shouldn't have, I wasn't tempted to over-indulge. I suspect that Kraken-laden eggnog I had when I got home made up for that, but I only had one and it was lovely. I DID get in a tiny 1-mile hike yesterday, and since we are more likely to have flurries or a bit of ice on Thanksgiving, hiking in 60 degree temps was a bit on the odd side! I couldn't let those temps pass without doing SOMETHING outside

I was up in NY for the weekend. No traffic at all on the way up late Wednesday night made for a great start to the holiday. On Thursday we had dinner at a cousin's house, with more relatives arriving for dessert after they had dinner with in-laws. On Friday I went for a walk -- it was oddly warm and almost humid -- then took my parents out to dinner for my mother's birthday. There's an old restaurant (and I do mean old -- part of the building dates back to 1672) where we like to go during the Christmas season. They always decorate for the holiday and have carolers, and there's a "village" of small shops next door that is nice to visit. A few months ago a new owner took over and it looked like the whole thing would close down at the end of December, so we planned to go for our last dinner there on Friday. However on Friday morning the new owner announced that they and the old owner had worked together and arranged for a local catering company to take over management of the restaurant and the shops, so they will not be closing after all. We had a nice time at dinner, which I capped off with peppermint ice cream.

I drove back on Saturday night, stopping in New Jersey to visit with a friend and admire her new custom bicycle. Lots of traffic in Brooklyn and Queens (which was expected since I was on the highway that takes you to JFK airport) but after that it was smooth sailing.

I had hoped to go for a short bike ride on Sunday afternoon but we're stuck in a cold rainy pattern. Looks like it's time to get the indoor trainer out of storage...

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles