Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cycling paths and bike rentals Tucson Az

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello ladies,
    I've been trying to look up Tucson bike shops located on or near a paved mup that rent road bikes. And I'm not having much luck gleaning info from the web. Since we will be driving a rental car, transporting bikes via the car won't be possible. Hence the need for the bike shop to be near/on a paved MUP. We plan on renting bikes for a few days and exploring. Here's where I need some help, I can't find bike shops that rent bikes near a path. The hubby is still nursing a knee injury from playing hockey so we're looking to do some fairly flat riding to avoid re injuring his knee. If anyone has any route suggestions or knows of a bike shop, I would really appreciate hearing from you. I'm so looking forward to warmer drier weather. Vancouver had a really nice warm sunny September and October and now the dull gray cold rain arrived so it's time to seek out some nicer weather😄
    No pressure No diamonds

We've used Cycle Tucson in the past (http://www.cycletucson.com/?page_id=51 ) They deliver. The bikes were in good shape and rates reasonable for the week-long tour we took.
    2009 Waterford RS-14 S&S Couplers - Brooks B68-Anatomica - Traveller
    2008 Waterford RS-33 - Brooks B68-Anatomica - Go Fast
    2012 Waterford Commuter - Brooks B68-Anatomica - 3.5-Season/Commuter
    2011 Surly Troll - Brooks B68 Imperial - Snow Beast

Wasp,

Definitely plan on riding the Pantano River Park Trail. It's scenic and near flat, just a couple of very gentle climbs when you come out from under bridges. VERY gentle. Check out the blog post I did on it from when we were in Tucson in Feb. 2014:

http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com/t...teresting-park

Have a great time in Tucson. I love it there!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Thank you so much for this suggestion. This totally fits our needs! And the fact they deliver is just a bonus.....SWEET!!!!! Cycle Tucson it is. Soooooooo looking forward to getting outta this rain forest and into some dry weather.
    No pressure No diamonds

Hi ya Emily
    Where are you these days? Back in Mexico?
    Thanks for the suggestion, definitely going to check out Pantano River Park trail it looks exactly like the kind of riding were looking for this trip.
    No pressure No diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    Hi ya Emily
    Where are you these days? Back in Mexico?
    Thanks for the suggestion, definitely going to check out Pantano River Park trail it looks exactly like the kind of riding were looking for this trip.
    Yes, we are back in Playa del Carmen. The cycling here is not ideal, but I'm enjoying running and yoga, and we are doing some traveling around Mexico with a lot more planned. The winter weather is the biggest draw for us!
    Emily

PM me- I live in Tucson. When will you be here? Where will you be staying?
    Two bike shops that rent: Fair Wheel near U of A, Broadway Bikes on the east side of Tucson.

There is a good bike route map (available online and at most bike shops, interconnected MUP's that include more than 60 miles of path. Also a great one-way 8 mile road through Saguaro National Park East. There are hundreds of miles of bike routes with bike lanes for 1-2 bikes.

Broadway bikes is near part of the Pantano path.
    Sharon
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    Also a great one-way 8 mile road through Saguaro National Park East.
    It is indeed a wonderful loop, but she said they wanted/needed flat or near-flat riding. That is a seriously hilly loop!
    Emily

Sorry, I remember that now. But there are a LOT of areas that are flattish on the various parts of "The Loop"
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Sorry, I remember that now. But there are a LOT of areas that are flattish on the various parts of "The Loop"
    So true. When we first got to town, I'd been riding flat beach roads so started on the flatter bike trails and gradually worked my way up. By our last week I was riding Pistol Hill and the Saguaro National Park loop. There's some really gorgeous riding in Tucson and something for every skill level.
    Emily

PM me- I live in Tucson. When will you be here? Where will you be staying?
    Two bike shops that rent: Fair Wheel near U of A, Broadway Bikes on the east side of Tucson.

There is a good bike route map (available online and at most bike shops, interconnected MUP's that include more than 60 miles of path. Also a great one-way 8 mile road through Saguaro National Park East. There are hundreds of miles of bike routes with bike lanes for 1-2 bikes.

Broadway bikes is near part of the Pantano path.
    Sharon
    Thanks Sharon I PM'd u
    No pressure No diamonds

Upon the advice of Sharon last year, I rented from Fair Wheel. They took out a map, showed me how to get through campus to get to the loop and mapped out a suggested ride for me. The bikes were great, they did a good job of changing saddle/peddles, and getting bikes we wanted (there were 4 of us renting). I was really happy with them.