Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

gawww! Design another web site and launch?

To disable ads, please log-in.

used dreamweaver when it was Macromedia and not Adobe. Back then it was HTML code and WYSIWYG coding.

Now I just finished loading XAMPP-drupal-MySQL-PhP stack on my regular win7 PC so it can act as a server while I develop and "deploy" my site.

google blog doesn't have the functionality I'm looking for. Nor does Wordpress. I guess I could have gone with Joomla but maybe I'm masochist for choosing something that has much steeper learning curve.

I'm just too cheap to hire someone for $$$ to develop my farm web site. We'll see how far I get before I start throwing away intended/want list of functionality within my site. I'm just burnt out from writing codes and it wasn't even my primary job function when I worked as a design engineer.

Why do I want to bash my head into the wall?

Are there any Drupal geekets here whose brain I can pick if I just don't get it or if I get stuck?

It’s just going to be a learning experience kinda like the starting a small farm path

I leave net technical issues to friends/colleagues like those doing some interesting work at Zefr here….wondering what are you going to do with visual creativity? Might be a way to clear the technical for awhile if you need to

A friend from the Portland area was here recently and we looked at the net presence of small Oregon seed farms for a heirloom garden she is going to do. Saw some interesting designs with some good photography/video content too. Lots of interesting combinations of retail, blog, Facebook (which may be a good place to also have a presence) etc.
    Sarah Kleeger’s site seed ambassadors and her farm site adaptive seeds stood out enough I bookmarked it.

Share the site when it’s done….please
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 10-14-2015 at 09:40 AM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Is there a reason why Drupal..might be better than Wordpress? Wordpress.com has some great templates that provide as an option, a static front page plus a blog portion. There are some excellent websites that are actually wordpress based blogs.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    used dreamweaver when it was Macromedia and not Adobe. Back then it was HTML code and WYSIWYG coding.

Now I just finished loading XAMPP-drupal-MySQL-PhP stack on my regular win7 PC so it can act as a server while I develop and "deploy" my site.

google blog doesn't have the functionality I'm looking for. Nor does Wordpress. I guess I could have gone with Joomla but maybe I'm masochist for choosing something that has much steeper learning curve.

I'm just too cheap to hire someone for $$$ to develop my farm web site. We'll see how far I get before I start throwing away intended/want list of functionality within my site. I'm just burnt out from writing codes and it wasn't even my primary job function when I worked as a design engineer.

Why do I want to bash my head into the wall?

Are there any Drupal geekets here whose brain I can pick if I just don't get it or if I get stuck?

I know this feeling and I convey my sympathies. Website overhauls are never fun. You said that Wordpress or Blogpress don't have the functionality that you want, but you didn't specify what functionality it is that you are looking for.

I have a Wordpress and Blogger account actually, but I know that the design as a blog instead of a website is limited, so if some of the functional elements you mean have to do with this, I totally understand your concerns. My Wordpress account is being used as an online portfolio for my work, while my blogger account is still being used as a blog, but I knew that for my professional website, I needed something a little more too. And of course, like you, I really didn't want to pay a lot of money to hire a web designer. I looked around and found some good options with this company. I liked that I could build my website to my desired specifications, without having to really do much coding. Coding is time consuming and frustrating at times. If it was easy, we would all just create our own websites without Wordpress or Blogger or the other options out there. So, if you are getting really frustrated, then maybe check them out, or something similar. Again, it all depends on what functions you are really lookign for.

Hope this helped.

AARRRRGHHH!!!

How else can I put it?

Then while at our favorite coffee house, they have a TV on a wall and it had "news" about more girls needed for a coder. For those who don't know what coder is, its any kind of programming job. I guess that is the simplest answer I can give. It can take on many form these days. The women they were highlighting were not what I would call programmers.

Anyway, just really frustrated right now... Not just the web site I'm trying to put together and its content. Pictures got to be right (they are not right! I'm not good at pictures and worse with photoshop...) content and wording is another source of frustration with my ****. It would be much easier to argue with my dogs or cats.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Smiling you need to focus on your farm and less about use of heavy duty programming code. You're a farmer now, not a coder.
    Already there are tools to make much easier to set up biz websites with embedded blog like feature....and even for someone like myself who knows nearly zero programming code.

Wordpress.com had a recent articles on use their themes for business https://en.blog.wordpress.com/2015/1...usiness-theme/

Are you going to sell anything via website? Shopify offers various themes and online purchasing...I see my partner using it for his son's butcher and sandwich shop. The back end gives performance metrics on sales, can download to Excel, can transfer sales info. to some accounting software packages for filing business tax returns, etc.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.