Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

random wicked and welcome pleasures associated with biking

To disable ads, please log-in.

1. standing in some state of undress from nothing to nude, in front of an open refrigerator, chomping down of cold watermelon after a long hot sweaty Texas ride.

2. finally sitting up and taking advantage of the tail wind, extra points if it is behind you on a climb.

3. The refreshing but very occasional cooling that happens of certain hot and h umid rides when you start up after a break and actually feel air conditioned for a bit
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

I remember these things! There is also the pleasure on a hot steamy summer morning when there is little traffic, riding down a steep long hill through trees where the temperature drops noticeably because of the woods. Perhaps a deer or two on the side of the road watching you sail by. Such a pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by marni View Post
    3. The refreshing but very occasional cooling that happens of certain hot and h umid rides when you start up after a break and actually feel air conditioned for a bit
    Since we're riding in the hot and humid Yucatan peninsula of Mexico, I definitely appreciate this one! Doesn't happen often, but the temp dropped a bit over the weekend from a tropical disturbance moving through, so when we went on our Sunday ride after it cleared out, I felt this "ahhhhhh" bit of cooler air after our rest stops since I was bathed in sweat, and there was a nice breeze. Much appreciated!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Those temperature variations are interesting. It's always colder in the same places on my regular routes. Great in the summer, but not so great in the early spring or late fall!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

sucking and chewing frozen grapes while prepping the bike in the garage shade after a hard hot ride.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

The opportunity to enjoy almost draft off of the suction of big trucks speeding past you when you are riding into a stiff headwind.

Finally getting to ride in temperatures below 90 degrees and in lower humidity. LLet's hear it for fall on the gulf coast, even if only temporary.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"