Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Specialized Myth?

Has anyone used it?

I'm going to try the Riva because it seems like lots of people here have liked it/Specialized saddles in general, and I can get it locally. But it's on backorder until October. From looking at options online, the Myth seems to be closest to what (I think) I want. At this point I'm about to bolt a 2x4 onto my seatpost, my current saddle is just barely rideable.

If you are going to buy the Riva, you might want to see if any local cyclists have an extra saddle you can borrow for a month. Most of us do. I have at least 5 saddles in my extra bike gear. It's pretty common for people to offer their spare gear for free to people who are trying to get set up. Or at least at very low cost. That was the idea with the gloves I mentioned. Would have given for shipping costs. Oh, and I have the Shimano trigger shifters you need new in box which I'd like to sell, I accidently bought 7 speed instead of 8. But by the time you paid shipping, it might not be a good deal. Really don't know. I had the same idea for switching out the SRAM for Shimano on my Trek 7200. I should have returned them, but I kept thinking I could use the shifters for something.

Another idea, if you are ordering a Specialized Saddle from a local bike shop, you might ask them if they have any old saddles in their spare parts bin. They'll understand that the saddle you have is a problem just by looking at it. Remember that the Riva isn't guaranteed to work for you. Also, when you do get another saddle, the saddle height, position, and tilt all affect how it feels. Ask the shop to try and adjust the saddle to the correct height. Without a bike fit, there will still be some things about it that can be tweaked, but it would be a good start. Most recreational cyclists set the saddle far too low.
    Last edited by Muirenn; 09-10-2015 at 05:36 AM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Nope - a few years ago I hit a pothole and did spectacular header. My helmet (a Specialized Prevail) was rather crunched, but my head was just fine. I took the old one with me when I went to get a new one, as I heard sometimes they like to study helmet damage. They certainly didn't give or even offer me a new one free... I still had to pay the whole $180 - but considering that I walked away with just a slight headache, I'm not complaining.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Hi Eden! How are you?

I think you may have meant to post that in a different thread.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

weird... yeah someone was asking about wether or not Specialized offers helmet crash replacements... how in the world did this end up in a different thread...
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N