Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    If you go into Finder, Apps, and double click the Time Machine icon, it might go to the task bar/menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    You can also access it from System Preferences, fourth row of the main window.
    I know how to find it, I was just mentioning that I couldn't find it on the menu bar. It showed up on my desktop, though, among all the photos that I need to sort through. As long as it seems to be working, I can now play around a bit, clean up some folders and files, and take it in for its checkup. I hope they can find a fixable problem so I don't have to buy anything new. Those young sales people seem to think anything over a few years old needs to be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by IBrakeforPastry View Post
    I know how to find it, I was just mentioning that I couldn't find it on the menu bar. It showed up on my desktop, though, among all the photos that I need to sort through. As long as it seems to be working, I can now play around a bit, clean up some folders and files, and take it in for its checkup. I hope they can find a fixable problem so I don't have to buy anything new. Those young sales people seem to think anything over a few years old needs to be replaced
    I meant that some Apps automatically attach themselves to the menu bar when you open them from the Apps folder. I know Iclean does. My Time Machine went to the menu on its own. It could be that something in System Preferences needs to be set to make it happen, I've never had to do it, though.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Ah, okay. I don't think I need easy access to it as long as I keep the drive plugged in. It happily does its own thing without any prompting from me.

Again, many thanks.

Now about that Dolce I want to modify

Quote Originally Posted by IBrakeforPastry View Post
    Ah, okay. I don't think I need easy access to it as long as I keep the drive plugged in. It happily does its own thing without any prompting from me.

Again, many thanks.

Now about that Dolce I want to modify
    I know you had a lot of threads on the bike, but I can't remember the details. Fallstoclimb also had similar on a Dolce, and I'm not sure I remember who wanted what. She ended up with a new bike. What were your plans? Your main issue is standover, correct?

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

No, reach. And I just can't get comfortable with drop bars. So I bought a Vita. The bike shop guy showed me an "M" bar. Kind of like a mustache bar, but a little narrower. I liked it, and he said he could put it on either bike, and use either trigger or STI shifters. Since I like the Dolce frame a little better, I'll probably try it out on that bike. Then if it works out well, I might replace the STI with trigger shifters. I also want to explore different tire options. I'm not looking for cross or gravel tires, but something a little more tolerant of the rougher roads and fine gravel paths.

I'd check Continental for the tires, maybe the 4 season. Or Schwalbe Marathon Plus. Are they 700 c wheels?

I like the sound of the bars.
    Last edited by Muirenn; 09-16-2015 at 06:30 AM.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I meant that some Apps automatically attach themselves to the menu bar when you open them from the Apps folder. I know Iclean does. My Time Machine went to the menu on its own. It could be that something in System Preferences needs to be set to make it happen, I've never had to do it, though.
    Yeah, that's what I meant, too. The checkbox for "Show in menu bar" is at the bottom of the main window when you open Time Machine. If you want it. Good luck with the bike!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler