Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Stealthily LPH paddles the plundered Swedish kayaking area ready to take it back for the proud people of Norway. Her lights are off, the clever reflective bits are covered. Silently and swiftly she paddles onward, onward ever onward for Norway!

Seriously our new condo has a kayak landing strip. We're thinking about a tandem kayak. Were pretty good with those. Any recommendations?

The only tandem kayak I've ever tried was a crappy plastic rental thing that we couldn't have capsized if we'd tried, so someone else will have to answer that one.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

That is sooo coool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Oops, sorry about that last one, don't know how to fix *envisioning women around the world twisting head upside down*
    That's funny. This is exactly what Knott just did.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post

The only tandem kayak I've ever tried was a crappy plastic rental thing that we couldn't have capsized if we'd tried, so someone else will have to answer that one.
    We just got this. Although not quite as fast as other tandems we've used it's pretty good. It tracks almost like a standard kayak because the prow and stern are aluminum. Other inflatables handle like an inflatable raft. We have to get used to the width, a little wider because of being inflatable thing so it's a bit like having pillows under your arms, at least for me because I'm short.

Over all though we love it. Takes 10 minutes to inflate, we don't need a kayak rack or to pay for a storage berth at our condo. Yes, a traditional kayak would be faster. But then we could not just toss the bag, life vests, dry bag and paddles in the car and take off.

http://www.advancedelements.com/day-...-kayak-ae1007/
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Oh my gosh Trek420, I have that model too, in orange. I am ashamed to admit I haven't taken it into any open waters yet. Glad you are liking it so much. Did you get the Backbone for it, or did you find it not to be necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by wnyrider View Post
    Oh my gosh Trek420, I have that model too, in orange. I am ashamed to admit I haven't taken it into any open waters yet. Glad you are liking it so much. Did you get the Backbone for it, or did you find it not to be necessary?
    Oooh, I did not know about the option. More toys
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

I received an email from this forum that there was a response to my post in the thread. It has been a long time since I wrote that! Since then, I have used this convertible kayak with and without the backbone. Does help with heavier loads! Used it solo and with a second person. I did have to get a longer paddles though, for the reason you mentioned, the wider walls. It has been fun, I just wish I had the nerve to get the Rapid Sail accessory.

More toys indeed!

L

Quote Originally Posted by wnyrider View Post
    I received an email from this forum that there was a response to my post in the thread. It has been a long time since I wrote that! Since then, I have used this convertible kayak with and without the backbone. Does help with heavier loads! Used it solo and with a second person. I did have to get a longer paddles though, for the reason you mentioned, the wider walls. It has been fun, I just wish I had the nerve to get the Rapid Sail accessory.

More toys indeed!
    We did not get the backbone because that seemed more for those wanting to use the kayak on open water and or longer trips. So far we’ve just been puttering around on the local river.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton