Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hello and is yahyago.com too good to be true?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello everybody. After lurking for a while decided to join this exceptional group of ladies. I am shopping for my first road bike. I found a 2015 Felt on craiglist for $450 and while I was looking up its specs Stumbled across yahyago.com
    They sell the exact same bike, brand new for under $400 including shipping. They ship worldwide. Has anyone ever heard or better done business with them? Thanks.

I wouldn't do it - if you do take a lot of care

The web site is run out of Indonesia, so if you do have a problem, getting any sort of satisfaction may be difficult. Also, from the sounds of it, buying from them would likely void any warranty from Felt. This is from the Felt website "Please be aware Felt does not authorize the sale of bicycles online and any purchases made online will void your warranty. Our bicycles need to be assembled by an authorized Felt Dealer."

They do take Paypal, so there's a possibility of some protection and dispute resolution there, but I'd say in all, unless you happen to live in Indonesia, the risk is not worth any small savings you might see.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

if it's too good to be true..........
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I've never heard of Yahyago. What make and model bike is the Felt?
    Muirenn, it is ZW100. I definetely prefer to purchase from my LBS but half price is too good to pass.
    Eden, thanks you for the info. Even shipping it back to Indonesia would be a pain in the neck.
    Well, I guess more bike store visits for me

I am very new to the sizing process and being 5'2" eliminates many good deals on craiglist. I have looked at Jamis, Giant and Specilaized. they did not have my size Jamis at the storE but Specialized Dolce Elite I rode was pretty nice so if I cant find a used one that I really like by Sept 21st, I am planning to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I know of someone on here who just bought a new bike, her old one is a Spec Dolce and she is 5'2". Probably not a good deal when packaging and shipping is figured, and I've no idea where she lives, but TE does frequently list used bikes in that size-range. And the bikes sold on here tend to be well-cared for.
    Thanks Muirenn. I will keep an eye on that.

I don't know anything about that site but based on my experiences in the outdoors industry, I'd be very careful that you aren't getting a forgery. They can fake darn near everything. I've heard of fake carbon frames coming out of China. Buyer beware, I guess.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM