Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question Is $500 a deal for new '12 Dolce C2?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've never bought a new bike let alone ridden a road bike. I just tested a Specialized 2012 Dolce C2 and it was sweet! It fits me really well. I'm used to an old heavy Astra. It's new and priced at $880, on sale for $500. They said it's a 2013 but it was manufactured 5/4/12. It comes with everything but pedals and they will throw in flat ones for me. I don't plan to use clip-ins for now. I want a bike for fun, commuting and maybe a longer ride. Is $500 a good price? It's a great markdown but still feels steep.

If it truly is a 2012, Bicycle Blue Book values a "like new" at $457 - $470: 2012 SPECIALIZED DOLCE COMPACT.

If it is a 2013, the value would be $512 - $527: 2013 SPECIALIZED DOLCE COMPACT - WOMEN'S.

These are "private party" values though, not retail. I would expect retail for a "never ridden" bike to be a little higher. So it seems like a fair price. Try to get them to throw in a couple of free tune-ups and you'll be in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeDutchess View Post
    Seems like a fair price. Try to get them to throw in a couple of free tune-ups and you'll be in good shape.
    Throw in a bike fit or discount on a fit and it's an exceptional deal. Oh, and a hale and hearty welcome to TE.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Thanks so much to both of you!!! I'm pumped for this bike!

Yes they ready offered 2 free tune-ups. Also I checked another shop and it was a different size but same price. Think I'm gonna go for it!

Wish I could find a deal like that here in Houston. Hope you got the bike.