Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Take care, rest and heal.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Glad you're here, Winding!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Take care of yourself.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Go easy, be your own best friend for a while. Healing takes a lot of energy! Rest lots, sending healing thoughts your way...
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

I was just wondering how you were doing. Thanks for checking in.

I agree with the others -- embrace the nap. Like voting in Chicago, nap early and often. Sleep is so important for healing.

Best wishes that you feel better soon.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Whew today must be one of those days the girls on Hystersisters were talking about. I cannot stay conscious. I've been walking daily, maybe I overdid it a bit yesterday? I noticed some of my swelly belly has gone down since I've done a whole lot of nothing today. I noticed the Norco I've been taking makes my stomach puky feeling, especially when it wears off. Gonna try just using the Ibuprofen so hopefully my stomach will calm down a bit.

Hang in there Winding Road! Yeah, Norco does cause digestive system problems but don't be shy about taking it if you still need it. It can be a hard call, the pain relief help you to rest and heal but the digestive system issues can cause other things.

When you said Norco, I thought you were talking about mountain bikes.
    Where else would anyone think this?
    Of course you are exhausted. You are up and walking less than a week after surgery. It's hard for us to imagine the metabolic energy it takes for healing to occur.
    I remember one day about 10 days after my second son was born, I had to drive to my school to pick up my paycheck. I was on the freeway, and all of a sudden, I thought I was going to have to pull over and call someone to get me. It's the only time I have felt that kind of exhaustion, and that was after a natural birth, with no drugs. I can only imagine what you are feeling. Nap all you want.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Still walking 2-3 times per day. I did my longest walk yet today and didn't immediately fall asleep afterwards! I can cook my own food now too. I had a nice visit with Catrin, she brought me a Pumpkin Spice Latte yesssssss! It's nice to have some social interaction. I'm starting to get cabin fever a bit but I'm still too scared to ride in a car. My bikes seems sooooo far away right now.

That is so cool, I regret never meeting up with Catrin when I lived over in Champaign.

Sounds like you're getting there, it's a slow process but pretty linear so you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Electra Townie 7D

Still at home hanging out. Soooo bored. I walked 3x yesterday and ended up with over 6 miles for the day. I wasn't wiped out and actually felt a lot better. Today I must have hit the 'hormonal stage' some other ladies have mentioned. Sitting on the couch after I woke up I start crying for absolutely NO reason. BF's about to leave for work and he gets all worried. Then I start laughing b/c it's so ridiculous. Laughing and crying simultaneously, sigh. Catrin maybe the next PSL better have a Prozac in it, LOL! Feelin' kinda mental today.

I will ask them when I pick it up this afternoon

I'm glad you're making progress and able to keep a sense of humor about things. Are there any not-too-strenuous rainy-day tasks around the house that you could tackle to alleviate the boredom?

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Glad you're healing well. Little by little ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Well the massive mood swings have leveled out a bit. My steri-strips started falling off today so I went ahead and peeled them the rest the way off. My incision actually looks pretty good. My stitches are still in but Thursday I suspect she will take those out. Still having the sensation of cramps?!?! How is that possible, I mean are the ovaries fighting or what?!?! Good news is one of my girlfriends is coming over to teach me how to knit. Thank God I need something to do with my hands! Normally I clean things but I really can't do that b/c I can't lift over 15 lbs or do push/pull motion. I am REALLY hoping my doctor releases me to drive Thursday. At least I can go walk in other places. I'm sick to death of my neighborhood, lol.