Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh that's rough, and bad timing. I hope it passes quickly and you're back on your feet soon.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Hope you are feeling better. It is awful to be sick on the first few days of a new job. I had a horrible sinus infection/asthma stuff when I started this job. Went directly from orientation to the doctor.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

It's been about 4 months since surgery and now that I'm getting back to exercising regular I found I had to buy new bike shorts. Some of the old ones I had were just painful as the band at the top would push too close to my incision scar. I found a pair of Terry shorts on clearance the other day which seem to be ok. I'll try them out in the morning. Anyone have experience with this? Even some exercise capris are painful. I cannot wear jeans or anything with a button/zipper b/c it still hurts after a while. I looked at some of those Yoga work pants, beta brand?, anyone try these?

I don't have a scar to accommodate, but I find the waistband of the Gore Oxygen shorts to be very comfortable, not at all tight or irritating.

You might want to look at bib shorts. Another possibility would be to call TE and ask for their recommendation. Unfortunately they're low on inventory right now as they prepare for a warehouse move, but if they have anything good in your size you can probably get it on sale.

It's great that you're back to being able to exercise. I hope things are going well.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Bibs do sound like a good choice for now, in time that problem should resolve. So glad that you're feeling well enough to exercise regularly!

My wife had the external incision and ran into the same problem, it did lessen over time. Initially she wore a lot of yoga type pants and looser clothes. Can't comment on riding apparel as she had her surgery in November in Illinois and her scar was enough better by riding season in May, that she could wear her regular shorts.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    It's been about 4 months since surgery and now that I'm getting back to exercising regular I found I had to buy new bike shorts. Some of the old ones I had were just painful as the band at the top would push too close to my incision scar. I found a pair of Terry shorts on clearance the other day which seem to be ok. I'll try them out in the morning. Anyone have experience with this? Even some exercise capris are painful. I cannot wear jeans or anything with a button/zipper b/c it still hurts after a while. I looked at some of those Yoga work pants, beta brand?, anyone try these?
    Yep, I remember that part well. Even my undies bothered me for a while. I had to get "granny panties" to come up above the incision. Yoga type pants worked well. Try to look for some Jag brand pants. They have a great line of pull on pants. Jeans, khakis, etc. I love them because I hate that bump from the zipper. look on 6pm.com. They usually have them on sale. I have found them to be true to size.

Cool! Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. It's so strange I keep getting the 'sticky pains' as I call them in the incision. Must be the nerves regrowing. Sometimes it feels like there is a hot pin sticking me. It's usually short lived but annoying as I find myself jumping out of my chair at work sometimes. I've done the granny panty thing too, LOL. I will check out 6pm. I think I have a pair of bibs floating around here somewhere, I will have to dig for them.

I MAY still have a pair of bibs, will try and remember to look tomorrow when I get home for the day. They are yours if so. They would be smalls so should fit you.