Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    I think my body is just trying to prove a point right now by making this last one the worst ever. Haven't been able to leave the house much b/c it's just out of control. Surgery is right around the corner now.
    So sorry May the surgery bring relief and the recovery period be more gentle than what you've been enduring.

For those of you who have had a hysterectomy, did you have some serious swelling and uncomfortable pressure in your belly prior to your surgery? Especially during and right before your cycle begins? This seems worse now than ever. Ugh.

Considering what you told me about everything I'm not surprised your experiencing things like that. Hang in there, in 48 hours that will be taken care of and your body will only need to recover from the surgery. Sending you warm wishes and very careful hugs.

Yeah I suppose that is true. About 3 weeks ago my doctor had to remove my IUD because it had begun to perforate my uterus due to the fibroid growing and shoving it down. Part of the IUD had grown into the fibroid too. This had been happening as the fibroid grew. I knew I was having pain but it was referred and I kept perceiving it as extreme back pain. Having that IUD removed was far from pleasant because I wasn't under anesthetic of any kind. That was rough. I dunno if that would contribute to the pronounced full/bloated feeling I've been experiencing or maybe it's just the continued growth of the fibroids. There are 5 of them total.

I forgot to ask when we were talking, did she give you antibiotics to protect you from infection at the time? Since the fibroids are so large they would contribute to the bloated feeling. Hang in there! I'm very glad you are not by yourself.

Thinking about you this morning - hope everything is going well!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Good luck, Winding Road. Wishing you a good recovery.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Sending you many best wishes - and I will bring you a special coffee care package next weekend

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery.

Hope you're relaxing now and letting the meds do their thing, gentle healing comes next.

Electra Townie 7D

She posted on Facebook last night that she was resting well in the hospital. She will be there for a couple of days.

Thanks for the update. Heal well Winding Road!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I ended up staying in the hospital for a couple of nights. They told me I was recovering well but I was and am still battling horrid gas pains. Ugh. That is the worst part of this whole experience. My surgery went a bit longer than usual so maybe they have to inject you with more gas or something. As I suspected, my ureter and intestines were intertwined with the fibroid on the left. They had to call in another doctor to be sure my ureter was okay after they removed the fibroids. I ended up peeing Listerine green for a few days thanks to the dye, ugh. Ninety percent of the pain I've been experiencing has been gas related. The incision is sore but not the root of my problems. My right leg is numb on the outside which I hear is normal after surgery, just odd. I'm glad the surgery is over but I can tell this is no easy recovery. Maybe Ill suddenly start feeling better? Still taking pain meds, GasX and stool softener. I walk as much as I can but after nearly every walk I'm ready for a nap. The fatigue is unbelievable.

Glad you're home and on the mend.

And yes, the fatigue is unbelievable, you think to yourself "I didn't do anything, why am I so tired all the time", but it does pass. I felt mostly human by six weeks and functional at eight.

I suggest a walk, a nap, some food, watch a movie, another nap... repeat.

Electra Townie 7D

It WILL pass in time. Just focus on resting, relax as much as you can, and know that this will pass. Sleep, read, eat, watch movies...