Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Swimming

Swimming

To disable ads, please log-in.

Finding a post knee replacement exercise has been challenging, the knee just won't stay "right". Meaning I have good days of flexibility and normal gait, followed by days where I walk like quasimodo. I really wanted to start swimming again as it's been my go-to for fitness most of my life, and thankfully, we have a pool about twenty feet outside our front door. The downside is the pool is smaller condo pool so I was stopping every ten strokes to turn, frankly that's enough turning in a workout to make me dizzy!

So, did some research and found a static swimming belt. it is rudimentary but it worked very very well. I'm able to just put my head down and swim without stopping to turn every ten strokes. Once I hit my first goal mark my reward will be the cadillac version of static belts... kind of nice to have a reward be a fitness item rather than a meal or fancy wine.

Electra Townie 7D

Wow...that is soooo cool. I did not know it existed. Now another toy I think I really "need" in my life.

Yesterday I was swimming (we have above ground 27 feet round) and although not that small, your end of lap is easily reached. Always thought I'd like those against current pool but they are sooo expensive and we are not investing in that house anymore (retiring in a few years so not worth the expense). But this... I like.

Thanks for sharing.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

You bet, Helene! If you read the Static Swim site it's actually a French company and they offer several different attachment options depending on your type of pool deck or surround.

This belt is saving me $30 a month to use the Y pool, plus the 50 minute round trip drive to the facility. I am just super pleased.

Electra Townie 7D

Funny thing, by never having to pause and make a turn,my shoulders never get a rest. It's very reminiscent of open water swimming in that way. Definitely need to keep a close eye of my shoulders (previously torn rotator cuffs) so I don't create an issue.

Still loving it though, just grab my swim bag, walk the 20' to the pool, hop in and swim! This must be what it's like to be rich!!

Electra Townie 7D

Enjoy it! And be careful. Go easy and slowly to start.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike