Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

death wish car drivers

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yes its rural area out here and though the traffic is getting tad heavier but nothing like the city. And many of you, NASCAR wanna be drivers, driving at very high speed on winding country road, you should slow down quite a bit.

Didn't you or can't you read the sign all over the place "high water". One of the road runs parallel to a creek and with the torrential down pour we have had, the water in the creek has been flowing down the road regularly for the past week or two. Some spots, its knee deep of fast running water. You insist on driving through it really fast to see how high you can splash the water with your car/truck. Let me just tell you, your car engine can ingest so much water that it can ruin your engine; you are hydroplaning and may end up crashing into one of many big trees on the side of the road, those trees are not going to move; you may run over a large rock and ruin your tire/wheels or worse yet flip your truck on its side. Or if you are really unlucky, your truck may get swept into the creek.

You are not happy because I'm going really slow through the water with very little splashing and driving really slow where the water isn't running on the road. I'm looking out for debris on the road so as not to damage my car. Road rage toward me isn't going to help.

Please slow down. Otherwise, you may be getting a Darwin Award.

I'm starting to hate driving. Before, it wasn't about liking or hating, it was ambivalent. But lately, I've encountered too many aggressive drivers, tail gating me because I'm doing the speed limit or heed the warning of slow down (those yellow sign with recommended speed) and actually go at the recommended speed to negotiate a hairpin turn. I've had cars racing me up to pass me on the on-ramp then to force me onto the shoulder on an on ramp to the highway ...

It seems that the yahoo's don't learn. The said hairpin turn is claiming at least a car every two month. And today, I passed an power company crews replacing a sheared telephone pole on another road. It was splintered all the way through where the pole broke in half. Speed limit on the section is only 35 MPH. So how fast would you have to be traveling to shear a telephone pole in half?

I wish I didn't have to drive anymore.

Motorists always show bias towards cyclists. I don't understand why. We are never a race for them, still they pass us like we are using their private road. Male drivers are the craziest lots.

I will show you a statistic between men and women drivers. https://www.autoloansolutions.ca/blo...-science-says/ On this blog there is a table of Driving Coefficients of the genders. Men cause more obstruction for the other road users. Sometimes, I felt like I'm invisible. One morning some years back, when I was cycling, a mad driver passed very closely to me almost knocking me off. He did it on purpose. Some people are like that.
    Last edited by vicyharper; 12-20-2016 at 10:09 PM.