Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

have a great ride and wonderful time khg!!!!!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Thanks! The riding in the Dolomites is definitely really hard--but it's also really rewarding! Stunningly gorgeous scenery, nice roads, courteous--even encouraging--drivers, and so on.

Another awesome thing is that Italy is about the best country to be hungry in...
    1980-something Colnago
    2010 Jamis Quest
    2013 Wabi Classic

mebikedolomitesoneday.wordpress.com

we are having a brief "cool spell" here in Houston. Did a delightful 30 miles today in almost no humidity, with temps in the mid 80's instead of high 90's. Bliss. It might last through the weekend but then we'll be back in the soggy swety 90s.

I am so ready for fall.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Hard to believe this is the last weekend of August.
    I was the sweep for my club's usual 30 mile ride. Three whole people showed up, which is actually good. We slightly changed the route d/t grooved pavement, thankfully, because I am getting bored of doing the same route. If I make a new route, leaving from the same spot, it will be fine with the leader. I have been lazy.
    It was so much cooler than the last time I did this ride, 2 weeks ago. I also know how much better I am feeling. And, I was going slower, as the 2 women at the back got slower as the ride went on. I ate lunch with with the leader and one of the participants, but I was good and had a salad. A nice day, all in all.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Last night we did a moonlight ride around Saguaro National Park's 8 mile loop. The road winds along the western slope of the Rincon Mountains, so the night before the full moon is even better than the night of the full moon. We started at sunset and although the moon was up, the ridge blocked it for a while and we got to see it rise again at the top of the hill, halfway around the loop road. I'll post pictures on the picture thread. It was gorgeous! No snakes or nightbirds, 3 or 4 little rodents, probably kangaroo rats, and 2 tarantulas (not scary for me).
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Nice pictures! I imagine you will be getting some cooler nights in a couple of weeks.
    Did a quick 14 mile hilly ride around noon today. DH is tired from doing work around the house and I didn't want to push any parts of my body, after riding 60 miles so far this week. My bike has been shifting weirdly, so we had to stop a couple of times, and then DH put it on the stand when we got home. It's not the chain. We think the derailleur hangar may have been bent sometime during our trip to the Berkshires. Hoping it's OK now. I didn't need to hear DH telling me I should have got Di2...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin, it will be more than a month before things really start cooling off. Meanwhile- early morning and late afternoon/evening are the only options.

I took my bike in today for some maintenance. It has been riding and shifting a little less smoothly. I guess I got some electrolyte into the shifter and they're going to clean it up, and also it was time for a new chain.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I imagine nights and early AM are the only options for riding! I was remembering that sometime in September it gets cooler for like 2 hours, when it is dark out . Also, I remember that when September came, I'd always be expecting it to cool down, when in reality, it never felt cooler until almost November. The thing about Tucson, compared to the Valley, is that it seemed like it actually did cool down at night, even in the summer. It never got below 90 or 95 in Tempe.
    Deciding if I am going to ride today...
    ETA:
    Did a fast a nice 20 mile ride into Acton and Stow. It's getting hot and humid again, and I was glad to be done by noon.
    Last edited by Crankin; 08-30-2015 at 08:39 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Three days in to my Dolomites trip, and I think I have a ton of new smile lines carved into my face--the riding is so hard, but so unbelievably beautiful!!! Pictures will be eventually coming
    1980-something Colnago
    2010 Jamis Quest
    2013 Wabi Classic

mebikedolomitesoneday.wordpress.com