Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: New Rider Here!

Smile New Rider Here!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello all, I am another new rider, I started cycling almost 3 months ago, originally for weight loss, now, because I LOVE riding my bike! I got myself a Trek 7.2 and it is absolutely my pride and joy I first started riding 6 miles every other day for the first several weeks and honestly thought my heart would explode and my legs would fall off, I was that out of shape now I go about 20 miles 5 days a week, or more if time and the weather allows. I actually finally got a pair of cycling shorts and a jersey today too, I figure since I have been doing this for 3 months, maybe it is about time to make my ride a just a bit more comfortable Oh yes and I am 50 years old and have also lost 27 pounds since I started in April along with being on Weight Watchers, so that is a great bonus to loving being on my bicycle!

That is awesome! Great job on building up your mileage and the weight loss. It's great to find some kind of exercise that you love doing, and comfortable bike shorts will help you stay in the saddle longer. Welcome to TE!

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

Good job! I also lost about that amount of weight with weightwatchers and cycling but have had more difficulty maintaining it and balancing riding and eating so about 10 lbs came back But you're doing great! Enjoy it
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Thanks :-) I am looking forward to going out in my new gear and it sure makes it easier to stay fit by doing something that I like to do.