Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Relentlessly Gay

To disable ads, please log-in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resident.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	17662

I'm sharing this because I thought it was hilarious whether you're gay or straight or in-between.

http://www.newnownext.com/christian-...ation/06/2015/

You’d think any attempt to beautiful your yard would be met by cheers from your neighbors. Not so in Baltimore, where a resident’s colorful hanging lamps were met by outrage from a neighbor accusing her of propagating the dreaded gay agenda on their block.

Baltimorean Maeve Brigid posted on Facebook:

A friend of mine made these awesome solar lamps for her garden. Happy rainbows for a garden makes sense, right?”

Well, some special snowflake sent her this note (see attachment)

Maeve says she’s looking for ideas, “on how to mess with these people and show them what ‘relentlessly gay’ can do… Bonus points for exceptionally kid-friendly ideas.”

Julie Baker, the woman who hung the rainbow-hued solar light jar lamps, has started a GoFundMe page, “to make my home even more ‘relentlessly gay.'”

Writes Baker:

I opened my door, and found a note from my neighbor. Regarding a set of rainbow jar solar lights hanging in my yard that spell out ‘Love’ and ‘Ohana’ [‘Family’ in Hawaiian].”

They informed me that the neighborhood is “Christian” and has “children” and asked me to stop being “relentlessly gay.’

Needless to say, I need more rainbows. Many, many more rainbows.

Put simply, I am a widow and the mother of four children, my youngest in high school and I WILL NOT relent to hatred. Instead, I will battle it with whimsy and beauty and laughter and love, wrapped around my home, yard and family!!!

Baker says if the donations go high enough, she’s going to look into getting a rainbow roof. At last look, she’s garnered $9,000—well over her $5,000 request.

But keep those donations coming, because every dollar means MORE RAINBOWS!

Personally, we think some “Relentlessly Gay” t-shirts would sell like hotcakes at any Pride festival in the country.
    Last edited by thekarens; 06-18-2015 at 08:53 AM. Reason: In case you don't want to click on the link
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

This made me laugh pretty hard. Wow, that person wouldn't like it much in Boston. Heck, even out where I live there's tons of flags and other rainbow stuff for pride month.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

And apparently this woman just thought it would look nice, and "her kind" is straight. Good for her for being relentlessly cheerful.

Meanwhile someone needs to talk to the neighbor about relentless capitalization...

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Oh wow, now I REALLY want a relentlessly gay yard :-D
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I would so buy and wear a Relentlessly Gay T-shirt!!

Electra Townie 7D

She's now raised over $23,000! Can't wait to see a photo of her rainbow roof
    I just had to make a donation - "relentlessly gay" will (dare I say...) relentlessly crack me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I would so buy and wear a Relentlessly Gay T-shirt!!
    Can I have a Relentlessly Gay Friendly T-shirt?
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I would take one as well Good for her in how she is dealing with this!

I hope the rest of the neighbors join in!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Can I have a Relentlessly Gay Friendly T-shirt?
    Absolutely!

Electra Townie 7D

I would like a T-shirt. I think that would be so cool. Say it with PRIDE!! display it with PRIDE!!

Oh dear some people are just so brittle. But I'm not surprised. I think I'll go and pour myself a glass of mead...

The ignorance of some people is simply mind boggling! I would love to have a relentlessly gay yard!

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

I guess this neighbor forgot that God loves everyone and created everyone HA! Some Christians live up to their stereotypes of 'being more judgmental than most other folks. I'm in for a t-shirt... thanks for sharing!

"I will battle it with whimsy and beauty and laughter and love, wrapped around my home, yard and family"
    .....may light rise from darkness

on my way home tonight
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Oh my..

Some people… From the title I expected to see a somewhat over the top yard with lots of ticky-tacky yard ornaments (where and when I grew up, stuffing your yard full of gazing balls, Mary bird baths, flags, cutouts of old ladies bending over, old plumbing fixtures filled with flowers etc etc was fashionable, or at least widespread), so to see her understated lamp display described that way was a guffaw even before reading the rest of what her neurotic neighbor wrote. OMG how dare she display something with the colors of the rainbow… good grief.. shall we take out all of our lawns for pushing an Irish agenda? My front door is painted red - OMG I've just realized I'm a communist! Maybe her neighbor just needs to stay in her house with the blinds drawn so she will never have to be exposed to anything that might differ from her narrow view of the world…
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N