Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

OMG, khg! That second shot needs to be framed! Unbelievably stunning.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by VeganBikeChick View Post
    OMG, khg! That second shot needs to be framed! Unbelievably stunning.
    Awww, thanks ::blush::
    1980-something Colnago
    2010 Jamis Quest
    2013 Wabi Classic

mebikedolomitesoneday.wordpress.com

I love Artist Point! Mt. Baker is one of our favorite hiking areas as well. And I love that you and your dad did that ride
    together.

And that IS a great blog post. I have no doubt whatsoever about how you'll do on RAMROD. You sound very, very ready for it in every way.
    Last edited by salsabike; 06-30-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Beautiful pics of the mountains.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I have a hard challenging ride next weekend so today I just did a casual ride to the Getty Museum to take some photos and get some mileage in. 37 miles

Last edited by rebeccaC; 07-05-2015 at 08:23 PM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

What has struck me seeing all these wonderful cycling trip photos, is what talented photographers cyclists are! Maybe it's because we can take the time to gently spin along and see the shots others miss in their cars. I will start a ride album in Flickr...give you a shout when there's something in it! LOL

Thanks for posting more of you fabulous photos, rebeccaC! The last one especially tickled my fancy--the perspective makes the building look like a spiral notebook!
    1980-something Colnago
    2010 Jamis Quest
    2013 Wabi Classic

mebikedolomitesoneday.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by khg View Post
    Thanks for posting more of you fabulous photos, rebeccaC! The last one especially tickled my fancy--the perspective makes the building look like a spiral notebook!
    Yes, I thought so too. I wonder if that's an on-purpose Getty Museum design. I've always wanted to go there.

Wonderful pictures.

khg…that’s exactly how I saw it too

salsabike..don't know about that design element but overall a very modernist design with curvilinear design elements, open spaces and gardens to soften all the different types of travertine surfaces and all framing panoramic city, mountain and ocean views…i usually just go for a particular exhibit now, good photography exhibit dealing with the light sensitivity and chemical processing of photographic papers at the moment....great destination in la to spent the day at though...and it's a good city bike ride from the beach
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to

I finally rode all the way to top of our climb- Mt. Lemmon. 59 miles round trip from the favorite coffee shop, 50 miles of the actual ascent from milepost zero. It climbs to over 8000 feet, then up and down to the village of Summerhaven. This view is from the ridgeline looking north into the San Pedro Valley. Evidence of a major forest fire is visible.
    Untitled by Sharon Goldwasser, on Flickr

The view from Windy Point (mile 14) back down the mountain, showing the road heading back down to Seven Cataracts
    by Sharon Goldwasser, on Flickr

Looking up the road from Windy Point, it's still up from here! by Sharon Goldwasser, on Flickr

Looks like a great ride azfiddle….and nice images!!!
    We did an organized ride in the Sierra Nevada mountains. We also rode through some burned out areas but thankfully there weren’t any fires that affected air quality on the ride.
    We ended up doing 22 more miles than the route with some others to do over 150 miles with15,057 climbing feet and some great descents. I’m glad I did the four hardest climbs on the route on the memorial day weekend and worked out hydration/nutrition strategies and to know what to expect.

rebeccaC - Death ride? I would SO love to that that ride one day. That said - training for it while living on the east coast (and 3+ hours from mountains) might be a challenge.... I think it's on the 10 year plan (sometime after med school).
    Last edited by Blueberry; 07-13-2015 at 09:38 AM.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

RebeccaC- I don't think I like the look of that ride! 7000 feet in one day seems sufficient. My legs are toast after basically doing the ride twice in one week (I wasn't able to get the last 2 miles to Summerhaven Thursday as they were clearing a fallen tree off the road.